Please give me some advice!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MATJESNIC
    But I can bet when you go to Shriner's in Phila, lots of people say to you, "Oh, you must be from N.Y."
    When I go to Shriners in Philly????

How about when I go ANYWHERE outside of NY?? - LOL!

Funny, how I don't hear it because everyone in NY "tawks" this way
    mariaf305@yahoo.com
    Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
    Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Originally posted by mariaf
      When I go to Shriners in Philly????

How about when I go ANYWHERE outside of NY?? - LOL!

Funny, how I don't hear it because everyone in NY "tawks" this way
      LMAO, natives of N'awlins do a pretty good imitation of Brooklyn, though ....
      Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
      AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
      Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
      Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
      EMAIL ME

Comment

Okay, I gotta put my two cents worth in here.

Melissa, we've talked....do I have an accent?

A few years ago my family and several of our friends went to Vegas. We were relaxing, enjoying our meal, and having fun with our waiter. All of a sudden he asked us if we were from Pennsylvania. We all started looking to see who had a Penn State shirt on or something to give us away. No one did. So now we are more shocked than ever. When we asked the waiter how he knew we were from PA he told us that people from PA "sing" there words. Huh?

Oh, by the way, my husband has never lived in Philly or any other city for that matter, but he does say crick instead of creek, he "eats his belly full", cracks the window among other things. But that is just the Pennsylvania Dutch coming out of him!

Mary Lou
        Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Yes, of course we crack a window when we want to get some air. Who doesn't? No, I didn't notice you had an accent, Mary Lou. But I really do appreciate accents and dialects and all the great things that help make up who we are. One of the funniest things about my Parents' N.Y. accents is that they don't pronounce the h at the beginning of certain words. Human, humor, Hugo, huge.... all pronounced like there is a Y in front of those words. And don't get me started on why they don't pronounce "r" in the middle of words, but add "r' when there is none. Example, my husband is called Edwood, instead of Edward. Anyway, I have been around in my whole life. Our kids and I always have fun with my Parents. Of course, they still insist they are the ones who are right.

I would love to meet everyone here and hear all the voices instead of just reading the words. Maybe, one day.
          Melissa
          From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
          Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

The 'r' thing ...

LMAO, Melissa! That is soooooooooo Maria.

(sorry, babe

VIEW MY X-RAYS
            EMAIL ME

Comment

Allright Mates!!! Thanks Cobbers!! Crikey!!!! etc etc

I'm feeling better today, had a very emotional weekend, thanks for all the adivce - Elysia, the sweetheart that she is, told me she knows she's stressing me out regarding the dog (it's not just that, life is in full throttle at the moment!) She said doesn't matter, she'll stop nagging me!

Accents!!! My dad's aussie accent is so bad my Indian relo's can't understand him half the time and I have to translate!

Yes Pam, Horses, Elysia has also asked me for the last 6 years to get her a horse - aquiring horse is no problem, keeping it where????????? Problem was she used to have lessons with her best friend for 2 years - her parents have brought her a horse and agisted it and now the best friend is with the horse EVERY weekend.

But... yes - I will try my best to distract her into other areas if I can while she is kept out of sports. Was just feeling sorry for myself when I blurted out the post - but I felt better in doing so.

Hmmm that bed of yours sounds great - no kids, no dogs, no PITB husbands, - hang on though - your not looking for a Gofer are you??? and someone to mop those floors - I smell a rat in the offer! LOL!

Hooray Mates!!!

Del
              Elysia 16 in Feb 2010
              Sydney - Australia
              Feb 2008 Fused T5-L1 and 5 ribs removed.
              Dec 2009 - Crankshafting
              Dec 10 - Revision surgery...3 vertebrae taken down, hooks removed, at T11-L1 - screws inserted, fusion extended down to
              L3 using Pedicle screws, some rib removed to try to derotate. Praying for things to settle.

Comment

Drats, Del ...

It could be said you're a quick study!

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                EMAIL ME

Comment

Originally posted by txmarinemom
                  LMAO, Melissa! That is soooooooooo Maria.

(sorry, babe
                  I"m gonna get you for that.
                  mariaf305@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by mariaf
                    I"m gonna get you for that.
                    See what I mean? No r's in that post ... they're MIA, I tell ya .

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                    EMAIL ME

Comment

Originally posted by txmarinemom
                      See what I mean? No r's in that post ... they're MIA, I tell ya .
                      OK, I'm gonna get you fer that.

better?
                      mariaf305@yahoo.com

Comment

Maria,

Just remember that when people stop teasing you, that's when you need to worry. It is very obvious how many people really care about you and feel comfortable with you.
                        Melissa
                        From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
                        Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Originally posted by MATJESNIC
                          Maria,

Just remember that when people stop teasing you, that's when you need to worry. It is very obvious how many people really care about you and feel comfortable with you.
                          Melissa,

That's a really nice compliment - THANK YOU!
                          mariaf305@yahoo.com

Comment

And all of you (all ya'll, for Pam) have accents. Sheesh. I LOVE hearing people speak and what comes out of most mouths is amusing, or hilarious, depending on where I am. My hubby lived in England for 2 years - he is from Hurst, TX. He lived in area in England where many middle easterners live. Apparently it was quite amusing to everyone when he tried to speak with an English/Pakistani/Texan accent. ROFL
                            Carmell
                            mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Hey Del, if the subject should come up again, why don't you steer your daughter towards training the german sheppard (sp?) further. If you've ever seen service dogs, most of them will sit very close to their master. They can be taught to not be so rambuctious, even in certain situations, or with certain people. I don't know if you get it there, but there's a show here called "The Dog Whisperer". I don't know much at all about training dogs as I've never had one, but it's amazing what he's done with problem dogs of all sizes. I know that problem of making promises from the other side of it. When I was 8, almost 9, I was in the hospital for surgery ahd I had a craving for an artichoke and the mayonaise and lemon juice to dip the leaves in. Well, wouldn't you know it, they weren't in season at the time. My mother drove all over LA looking for a place where she could get one (we were living in LA at the time). Well, she finally found one, took it home, cooked it and brought it to the hospital. I think it was right after I tried the first leaf, that I didn't want it after all. Well jeeze, it was cold! LOL I know that it doesn't compare with the issue of a pet, but I thought that it's a good example of what parents will do for their kids, and it is funny now! BTW, that was in 1965 before they had microwave ovens. Oh, and another thing, y'all er too funny.
                              Last edited by The Slice; 03-25-2008, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Hey Slice

Yeah, she DOES train him to come and sit and drop etc - she just wanted a lapdog as "jaffa" is hubbies dog and when he's home he only listens and sticks with him! But thanks for the suggestion - yeah I've seen dog whisperer - he's obedient but just wants to play - I guess he'll grow out of it as he is only 2 1/2.

thanks for the advice and the shoulders to cry on!!! things are looking up - I was having a weekend of depression and feeling sorry for myself me thinks!!

And that's Hooroo everyone not "Hooray"

Hooroo Cobbers
                                Del
                                Elysia 16 in Feb 2010
                                Sydney - Australia
                                Feb 2008 Fused T5-L1 and 5 ribs removed.
                                Dec 2009 - Crankshafting
                                Dec 10 - Revision surgery...3 vertebrae taken down, hooks removed, at T11-L1 - screws inserted, fusion extended down to
                                L3 using Pedicle screws, some rib removed to try to derotate. Praying for things to settle.

Comment

Working...
                                X