So scared I need another surgery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So scared I need another surgery!

In august 2006 i was 44L curve and 23T curve, I know this hardly sounds like a bad curve but I also was born with something called pectus excavatum where both the scoliosis and pectus deformity contributed to pusing my heart and crushing it. In the August 2006 I underwent fusion T11-L3. I was told that with straightening out the lumber curve, the thoracic curve would straighten itself.

I am now 1 and a half year post op and in agony in my lower back right where the rod is and lower. I get shooting pains. I have been so concerned that I have got a rereferral to my spinal surgeon. I am just waiting for a date for a consultation (on the NHS).

I was just wondering, what are complications that can have occured. I am scared that I'll need another surgery or something may have slipped.

alyssa.star,
    I'm so sorry I can't help you with some answers, I've not had surgery yet. I do want you to know you are not alone and this is definately the place to find compassion and support. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and I'll send calming, happy thoughts your way!
    Becky, 46 years old
    Diagnosed at 13 with mild scoliosis
    Ignored until 448/07
    Left thoracic 49* T5-T11
    Right thorocolumbar 60* T11-L4
    Surgery Monday, June 9, 2008 Oklahoma Spine Hospital
    Fused T-10 to L-5
    14 titanium pedicle screws
    Corrected to approx. 10* YEA!!!
    Email

Comment

Ty

Thank you skoshi, I am in a lot of pain at the moment. *hugs* Good luck if you're having the surgery, you are in great hands. xxx

Comment

Alyssa-- I can't help you with answers to your questions/concerns, because I don't feel qualified to postulate very much. But I do want you to know I'm sorry you are having these problems and you are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted when you get your appointment and what happens. Hang in there!
        71 and plugging along... but having some problems
        2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
        5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
        Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
        CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
        10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Working...
        X