Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it hard to get used to sleeping in a Boston Brace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it hard to get used to sleeping in a Boston Brace?

Hey! My name is Casey....I was wondering how long it takes to get used to sleeping in a Boston Brace. I get mine tomorrow....

I just got a Boston Brace about 1 month or so ago. I don't know about you, but at least for me, on the first week they only had me wear it for 6 hoursm and then gradually moved up to 23 hours by the 4th week.

Yeah, the first few nights are pretty uncomftorable. I would reccomend getting most of you rhours in earlier on in the day, so you can take the brace off if it is really bothering you.

But, good luck!

Comment

hey good luck

well its really different for eveyone, i had to use a ton of pillows, but i wore mine the first day i got it, and had the BEST sleep of my life! After that, like even now 3 months later theres nites i cant STAND it, but i would try hard to wear it, and know that soon it will become second nature best o luck
      Danielle
      14 Freshwoman
      December 1st got no head the boston brace
      Pre Brace Curves:18C 25T 30L
      In brace curves: (1/23/08) 16C 20T 22L
      In brace Curves: (5/21/08) 19C 19T 15L
      We're Bringing CURVY BACK

Comment

Heyy! It's really not that bad. I reccomend getting a window air conditioner for your room in the summer if it gets really hot in your house - that's what I had to do and it helps a bundle. I don't know what your bedroom and house is like, but if it gets to be really bad, a ceiling fan or an air conditioner really helps. I prefer to sleep in it in the winter time because it keeps me nice and warm That's just my opinion, like, I don't really know what your brace is like or anything, but with mine, that's how it is. Good luck with everythingg!
        braceyourself.

Comment

It's going to be REALLY hot in the summer, but when I start sleeping in mine I'm going to sleep on the hard cold kitchen floor. . . With a comfy pillow, of course I like laying on the floor with my brace on. SO COMFY!
          I wish I lived in a perfect world. . .

Comment

Boston brace

so, I wore a boston brace for a while before switching to a cheneau, but the first nights, they told me to sleep with it on, and if I woke up, or couldn't sleep then i could take it off. i think I was sleeping in it full time, by the third day. It really helps to sleep in it, cause then during the day your body is more used to the feel of it.

Good luck!!
            Hey, so I'm Rebecca, I'm 20 and I wore a Boston Brace for one year, and then a Cheneau brace for 5+ years. The Cheneau changed my life. I now am out of brace full time!!!! Its amazing. For all my scoli-girls (and guys of course) hang in there - the day you get your brace off is the best feeling ever. All the years of wearing it won't matter when that day comes. amo vobis!

"DUX FEMINA FACTI (The leader of the deed was a WOMAN!)"
            -Virgel

Comment

i got use it about nine week after i got my brace. i don't wear it no more
              Kara
              Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
              Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
              T4-L2
              Before 50T
              After 20T

Comment

ive got a brace that starts with a p and i sleep like a babby in it, i fell off my bed on my first night,and i wake up and go to bed with a little pane

Comment

It's okay...

Honestly, you get used to it after a while. It's annoying for about the first three nights, but after that its okay as long as you don't get a new brace or have it off for a really long time. Hope I helped!
                  yeah, i wear a brace. what now?
                  13 years old
                  freshman in high school
                  braced since november of 2006
                  proud of my curves!

Comment

Working...
                  X