ssi let downs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in process of going to court for disability

Hi, I understand what you are going through. I didn't start feeling the pain in the spine and lower back until about 18. I am also 28 and have gone to 2 SSI/disability doctors, both denied me, so now I have a lawyer and am headed to court Sept 1. I deal with lower back pain everyday and am on 2 meds. One for the pain and the other for a pinched nerve I had at the base of my spine at the talibone and this happened back in May and I'm still dealing with the pain. It is very difficult for me to stand for long periods of time and now it hurts to sit and even stand up from sitting. They claim I became disabled 2 years ago but in fact I have been since birth. I had to have surgery when I was 4 because I did not have the arch under my left foot and my left leg is about 2 inches shorter the the right. The unbalance of my body caused the scoliosis. I sympathise what you are going through.

Comment

Hey Cajun,
      I am so glad to hear you did not give up, and that you appealed. I had to appeal and they tried to discourage me in anyway they can. I now am trying the same for mu daughter that had horrible migraines and they turned her down to. Myadvice to anyone after all of my ordeal is to have cat scan done with dontrast (myelogram). I t shows so much and tellls a better story for te doctors to seee. i am one month out of surgery myself and if it wwasnt for me pushing I would not be on this road to recovery. Good Luck.
      Krystal
      Diagnosed 11 at school screening, surgery 16.
      Had Harrington rods w/fusions.
      Luque-thorasic.
      Full term pregnancies,no major issues.sciatica with the first. Epidurals with C-sections
      2005:lumbar reconstruction, 2 plates, 6 screws in sacrum, and 2 cages with my own bone.
      2007: cervical surgery to correct 4 bulging discs, two fusions with cages using cadaver bone.
      Both of my daughters have scoliosis. Both were diagnosed by 7.
      http://spinedoctors.md/ Dr, Jospeh Flynn Jr

Comment

I live in Florida also. I had to leave my job in September (it did not offer insurance) because of the numbness in my arms and legs. The pain was to much to sit and to much to stand. My younger sister is a real estate agent who let me work for her for a few months. I am so upset with the way things are right now. I am fifty, in constant pain and no job or insurance. I am alone so there is no other income. I was thinking of SSI but have been able to go to the dr for years. Any suggestions? I have been in pain since I was in the third grade, was not diagnosed until the age of 17 when my stepmom yelled at me to pick up head. i am trying to live by one simple rule, "And this to shall pass".

Comment

For Robin

Is there any way you could visit a nearby University Hospital adult scoliosis clinic and get free care that way?
          Karen
          Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
          Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Perhaps there is one in Tampa, that is about 50 miles away. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

to Robin

Hey Robin,
              Sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time. I had to wait along time to get SSD, so my advice is keep trying. I also know doctors in the area of Orlando and Clermont that are really good about working things out as far as payments and so on. They are located Clermont Office
              235 Citrus Tower Blvd #102
              Clermont, FL 34711
              Phone 352-242-2826
              Fax 352-242-0877

Orlando Office

1131 Orange Avenue
              Orlando, FL 32806
              Phone 407-849-1200
              Fax 404-841-6940

Davenport Office
              40124 US Hwy 27 #101
              Davenport, FL 33837
              Phone 941-4191277
              Fax 941-421-4247

Ocoee Office
              10000 West Colonial Drive #483
              Ocoee, FL 32861
              Phone 407-849-1200
              Fax 407-841-6940

http://www.spinedoctors.md/index.htm

They did my surgery and I was impressed. Orlando Regional is by far the best hospital maybe you can go there. At least call them and ask if they know of anywhere else you maybe able to go. Stephanie in the orlando office is a nurse that is resourceful and very nice. Good luck with the SSD as long as you worked and have credits in that they require you will get full SSD not SSI. Look on SS.gov website to get more info. Take Care. Krystal
              Diagnosed 11 at school screening, surgery 16.
              Had Harrington rods w/fusions.
              Luque-thorasic.
              Full term pregnancies,no major issues.sciatica with the first. Epidurals with C-sections
              2005:lumbar reconstruction, 2 plates, 6 screws in sacrum, and 2 cages with my own bone.
              2007: cervical surgery to correct 4 bulging discs, two fusions with cages using cadaver bone.
              Both of my daughters have scoliosis. Both were diagnosed by 7.
              http://spinedoctors.md/ Dr, Jospeh Flynn Jr

Comment

I live in Florida and was denied SSDI 3 times before I finally was granted this December 22nd 2005.
                I applied for it in April 2002 and it took me all this time to get it but it is possible.
                Fight for it.
                Document everything. Go to your doctor every month for regular monthly checkups and pain management.
                Get a pain manager doctor ASAP and make sure that you are very clear how much pain your are in all the time.
                Do not let them get you on depression unless you really are depressed.
                It will speed up your SSDI approval but you will also get a label for mental disability instead of just physical disability.
                Keep all your own medical records and be able to copy them and fax them at any given time should anyone ask to see them.
                Also, a few letters sent off to some state reps doesn't hurt.
                36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
                Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
                Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
                Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
                Curve post op = 20 degrees
                No pain anymore!!
                Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Working...
                X