Five years post major revision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five years post major revision

I am doing great and will have my last yearly follow-up with Dr. Boachie Mon, March 13 at 12:30. I still am pain free, employable and really grateful.

I think the future follow-up will be every 2 years.
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

That's fantastic, Karen. You certainly earned it! ;-)

Here's a toast (just water ... one sip of alcohol, and my liver would probably emit an audible ~*pOp!*~ ... it's the sentiment - LOL) to never-ending increments of every 5 year great news!

Regards,
    Pam
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

Comment

That's great to hear, Karen. Congratulations! And while I'm at it, thanks for all of your educated and thoughtful posts on this forum. You always have good information to share.
      FeliciaFeliciaFelicia
      10/24/00 posterior fusion T4-L4 at age 57
      8/5/05 posterior surgery for spinal stenosis at L4-L5; laminectomy and fusion
      5/14/07 posterior revision with fusion to sacrum
      2/11/08 anterior discectomy L5-S1, and reinforcement of fusion with plate attached to L5-S1
      3/9/2011 and 3/11/2011 revision surgery with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis - complete revision and fusion with instrumentation from T1 to sacrum, one lumbar osteotomy.

Comment

Congratulations Karen, and thanks for all your help.

By the way folks, I've SEEN Karen and she doesn't just FEEL great -- she LOOKS great.
        Chris
        A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
        Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
        Post-op curve: 12 degrees
        Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

wow- Karen, 5 years! That's great to know!
          I was wondering how often one needed to be checked in the next few years. Keep climbing the Alps....Ly

Comment

Congratulations Karen.

You are truly an inspiration to all of us on the forum. Especially, for us older patients who have or are planning revision surgery. I, am 63 y.o., had original fusion at age 16 without instrumentation, wore the cast etc. and lost most of my correction. I'm now 91T and 68L and plan on having revision and VCR with Dr. Lenke in June. As you have attested to, there can be an active and functional life with a revision after 60. I'm looking forward to it.
            Thank you for all you contribute and for giving us hope.
            Last edited by Wishing; 03-05-2008, 06:59 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

Comment

Working...
            X