Surgeons who accept insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgeons who accept insurance

I met with Dr. Boachie last year and was told that I will need to have my Harrington Rods replaced, sometime within the next few years. Dr. Boachie does not accept insurance, so I have been looking for recommendations for other surgeons at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York.

Does anyone have any experience with Dr. Russell Huang or Dr. Andrew Sama? I understand they both perform this surgery, but I couldn't find any reference to them on this forum.

Hi Jamie,
    From my experience, Dr. Boachie is out of network. I had Aetna & still do, and out of network rates applied. All in all, the majority of my hospital & operation bills were covered.
    Make sure you research your insurance thoroughly & put in a predetermination if needed. Lynne

Comment

Thanks. From everything I've read, Dr. Boache is definitely my first choice. If he's willing to work with insurance companies, that's great. I'll start planning early. I'm not sure exactly when I'll need the revision, but Dr. Boache was pretty blunt that I will need it within the next few years.

My original curves were 38 and 42 degrees, fixed in 1989 by Dr. David Levine at HSS; fused from T1 to L4. Diagnosed with flatback and spondylothesis two years ago.

Comment

Working...
      X