Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving Posture

Hello:

I’m 37 and have had scoliosis since about 13. About 9 surgeries later it is now livable, but I use a cane to get around. In addition to the spinal issues, I’ve also had a cyst in the spinal cord, which has caused some neurological problems over the years. I do have a question regarding posture while driving. I have a curve but even worse is the rotation of the trunk. This can be uncomfortable while driving. I recently have purchased a new car and can’t quite get comfortable in it. I’ve tried all of the different cushions, etc. that are out there but have had no luck. Does anyone else have the same problems. How do you adjust to the car seats that are made for perfect backs? Have you come across anything that helps you out?

I am considering having a auto upholstery widen the seat, but want to explore any other ideas.

Thanks for the help.

I can't find a US distributor for this full seat (repeat after me class ... LOL - memory foam!) cushion (nor a similar product Stateside) but they do ship to the US from Australia for a semi-reasonable price. Worst case, if it *doesn't work, you can probably craigslist and get a good portion of your money back.

Gotta be cheaper than having a custom seat built ...

Looks like it might be worth a shot, and helpful to compensate for some of the imbalance. Now I want one ;-).

Regards,
    Pam
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

Comment

Working...
    X