A great deal I just saw ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A great deal I just saw ....

Overstock.com has a set that includes a 2" memory foam topper AND a pair of memory foam contour pillows for $72.00.

This is less than half of what you'd pay for the topper alone at Target, Wal-mart, etc. ...

There's so much talk of the toppers on here (I LOVE mine), I wanted to pass along the info for anyone in the market for one (plus bonus pillows!). The shipping from Overstock is always $2.95, so it's really a great deal (and delivered to your door ... these things are pretty heavy)!

Regards,
    Pam
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

I bought my mattress topper from overstock and I love it! I ordered the 4" Serta, I think it was a deluxe model. It is very dense and ran $177. Worth every penny. It took about 5 business days for it to get here. I think the quality on overstock is much better than what you can find at Target, KMart, etc., I have looked there both before and after I bought at overstock. There is a huge difference between the one I got at overstock and the one I got at KMart.
    Geish
    47 years old, dx at 13
    +30* to the right, +60* to the left, +30* to the right
    Surgery 12-13-07 - fusion from T4 to sacrum.

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=267 Pre surgery
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=268 Post surgery
    http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/DSC01091.jpg Xray from the side
    http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1089-1-1-1.jpg Xray from the back

Comment

Thanks for sharing-

I'm a lurker, but I have been reading all these posts and I have just started shopping for a memory foam topper- so MarineMom, I say thank you for sharing this info! I am simply amazed at your incredible recovery, and that you have the mental capacity to FOCUS and contribute such lengthy posts - so soon after such a serious surgery. And while taking analgesics, too ! And then walking a mile and a half! I'm lucky if I can do that now, with body intact! God bless you on your recovery, and thank you for sharing this bargain- I am going to buy it ! Jamie
      57 years old.
      thoracic curve 68 degrees
      lumbar-sacral curve +/- 41 degrees
      Cspine C3- C7 fusion Nov. 2011 <done! success!!>, then scoli surgery T2- L4 or maybe to sacrum.
      Discogram/ myelogram pending. Surgery to be scheduled, maybe fall 2015. <scared but I know this is not going to get better>
      THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR SHARING EXPERIENCES AND KNOWLEDGE!

Comment

Thanks for posting this. I may order this since the one I have has tears in it. It'll be nice to have a new one before surgery and you can't beat that price. Thanks!
        Chemist, 30

1998- 18 degrees
        2003- 33 degrees
        2005- 37 degrees
        2006- 44 degrees
        May 2007- 47 degrees
        December 2007 - 50 degrees X-ray

Surgery May 27, 2008
        Fused T1 to L2
        Curve corrected to 15 degrees X-ray

Comment

Thank you!!

I just ordered these!

Ann
          44 year old female
          Surgery on Nov. 1, 2010
          Dr. Darrell Hanson, Methodist Hospital
          Posterior Only, 9 hours
          Presurgical: T 61 Degrees, L 58 degrees, with 15 degrees of thoracolumbar rotation
          Postsurgical: T 26, L 25

Comment

Thanks for posting this. That seems like a great deal and is probably easier than going to the store and dragging one out to my car!
            Jamie Age 29
            Mother to a 6 year old daughter & an 11 month old baby boy.

2000 Curves - 28/40/32
            2008 Curves - 39/63/44
            Surgery Date - 3/25/08
            T4 - L1

63 degrees corrected to 15 degrees !

Comment

Laff, I've already ordered two of them: One for my Mom (she slept on mine and LOVED it), and for my neighbors who were watched my dog (until just a few days ago) and always calling to say "we're running out ... can we bring you anything?".

As soon as I posted the link, I knew I'd found the gift that had been eluding me for all their help. What better present than a great night of sleep, huh? ;-).

Pam

VIEW MY X-RAYS
              EMAIL ME

Comment

I logged in on the site and I noticed that the price for the regular 2 inch mattress topper with 2 contour pillows is the same as the serta 2 inch mattress topper with two pillows as well. The latter appeared on the recommendation section. Which one should I order or which one is better? Please reply immediately.

Lady

Comment

If you look, the Serta is originally priced almost $75 cheaper than the one I listed for the same price. If you go with the assumption the more expensive one (not Serta) is a more dense foam (usually the case - you pay for what you get with this stuff), I wouldn't (didn't) choose the Serta.

Your call. All memory foam is not created equal, however.

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                  EMAIL ME

Comment

Correction!

Make that ±$90 more than the Serta set.

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                    EMAIL ME

Comment

I agree with Pam, the more dense the foam the better and all memory foam is not created equal. I also looked at the original price of the item and that helped me make my decision. I just got mattress toppers and didn't get any pillows.
                      Geish
                      47 years old, dx at 13
                      +30* to the right, +60* to the left, +30* to the right
                      Surgery 12-13-07 - fusion from T4 to sacrum.

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=267 Pre surgery
                      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=268 Post surgery
                      http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/DSC01091.jpg Xray from the side
                      http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1089-1-1-1.jpg Xray from the back

Comment

I can't wait for delivery on these for my neighbors - I'm like THE worst gift giver (as in I can't stand waiting - LOL)!

I buy so much stuff off overstock, I went ahead and joined their O-club. It made sense for me at 29.95 a year, and from here on out every order is free shipping (hey, $2.95 is $2.95!), and I get an additional 5% off every order now (plus special offers).

Also, I just got done on live chat with their customer service: Not only had I received the 10% off coupon on the 1st mattress topper, they went back and gave refunded 5% back on BOTH toppers (apparently I shop there toooooooooo much - LOL).

Way cool!

I need to go walk or something because I am feeling the need to browse the site some more - LOL!

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                        EMAIL ME

Comment

I bought Serta

But I didn't want the pillows. I already have memory foam pillows from Sam's club, and the reviews said the pillows were small. So I opted for the Serta deluxe mattress topper, I figure (hope) the deluxe really means something and is not just a frivolous adjective! I also went ahead and bought the king size; I read the reviews, and many people had cut the toppers to size, and used the excess for dog beds! So since I have a crippled dog anyway.. I thought we both may as well benefit from the memory foam!
                          we shall all have to compare our satisfaction once we all receive our foamies in the mail!
                          57 years old.
                          Cspine C3- C7 fusion Nov. 2011 <done! success!!>, then scoli surgery T2- L4 or maybe to sacrum.
                          Discogram/ myelogram pending. Surgery to be scheduled, maybe fall 2015. <scared but I know this is not going to get better>

Comment

Originally posted by scooter950
                            ... and used the excess for dog beds! So since I have a crippled dog anyway.. I thought we both may as well benefit from the memory foam!
                            I've actually heard a lot of people say they work great for animals too! Good luck ;-).

Regards,
                            Pam

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                            EMAIL ME

Comment

Got my memory foam !

Hi Pam! Well I had this huge box sitting on my front porch when I got home from work= I love the memory foam already! I gently helped unroll it and it's "airing out" in the guest room... but I keep going in to lay on it. I bought the serta deluxe, it sure seems thick and solid, and I plan to put it on my bed this weekend. I'm wiped by the tim eI get home from work, so can't deal with changing sheets tonight. Hope you are doing well and thank you again for sharing this wonderful internet find! God bless ! Jamie
                              57 years old.

Comment

Working...
                              X