Need Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice

This is a great site for information. I had fusion when I was thirteen with herrington rod. Fused full thoracic. I am now 35. My back didn't give me any problems until after having a child. Now my back tends to ache on a daily basis. I just consulted a surgeon and planing on going in for revision in August. I am/ was very excited, just because I think he can make my back better in all ways, but worry after reading some stories on here! Dr. Ibrahim is the Doc, thru M$M orthopedics here in Chicago. He's going to remove old hardware, wire in new rod with kyphodic and lordoric bend, and move the old fusion to bring me back center. Remove some ribs, to fix the hump, etc... Am I crazy!
    Rhonda

Hi Rhonda...

I don't want to undermine your confidence in Dr. Ibrahim, but I'd like to encourage you to think about getting a second opinion. Dr. Ibrahim appears to be specialized in pediatric spine, so I'm concerned about the number of revision surgeries he's done.

Sorry if this upsets you.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X