Getting bolts removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting bolts removed

Hi, I posted queries here a while ago as i was having severe pain in the upper left of my back. I was researching into schroth therapy as treatment. Now my surgeon has advised removing 4 bolts in the area where there is pain, he can't guarantee this will help but feels it the obvious solution. Can anyone advise me on this. He intends to leave the two rods and 10 remaining screws in but may remove 4. Is it anywhere near as bad as the fisrt opeartion? How long is recovery? When were you able to go back to work? More to the point did it help you, and do you regret having the surgery?

I'm surviving on morphine patches and other strong medication so this operation may be for the best. Anyone with experiences having some screws removed would be a great help to fill me in on what to expect.

Also, i forgot to ask my surgeon will they open up my old scar or will it be a new one?

Thanks for reading this and hopefully u can shed some light on this for me xx

Hi...

I haven't had it done, but have known half a dozen who have. Everyone has said it's a super easy surgery, with a 2-3 day recovery. I think most (if not all) surgeons do the surgery through the original incision.

Good luck.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X