Scoliosis/Scheuermann's Surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoliosis/Scheuermann's Surgery?

Yesterday, June 22, I went to Shriners Hospital in Shreveport for my 1st appointment at that hospital and found out that my Scheuermann's Kyphosis Disease and Scoliosis has progressed and that I have severe disk damage. The doctor there told me that I need Spinal Fusion with Instrumentation. Is there anyone out there who has had this surgery and who has had the bone taken out of their hip? I would really like what to expect. Plz!! Scared and need help!!
    Last edited by matt; 06-23-2004, 09:08 PM.
    Matt

Rod Removal Surgery 2/4/2008
    www.myspace.com/ross40728
    Had surgery on 9/20/04
    81* Scheuermann's Disease
    40* Left Thoracic Scoliosis
    U Rod Inserted
    Fused from T2-L3

Can you please tell us what Scheuermann's Kyphosis Disease is.
    My daughter Amber had a double fusion with instrumentation 6 weeks ago. She also had part of 5 ribs removed and a bone graft taken from her hip. Her hip has given her some pain. But not as much as we were both expecting her to have.
    My father has servere disk damage and I know a lot of what he has gone through. He also lives close by me and I can ask him any questions as well that may help you. Most of my family have a back 'problem' of some sort, so I have a lot of experience in dealing with odd pains, situations etc..
    I'll try to answer anything else for you just ask.
    Best wishes.
    Cheryl.

Comment

You don't have to answer this question if you don't want to bit it might help, or private message your response to me. What are you the most scared of, is it the actual surgery, fears of paralysis, being fused and not being able to do things anymore quite the way you did before. Even though I do not have Scheurmann's Kyphosis Disease I do have a little idea of what Scheuermann's Kyphosis Disease (excuse spelling is) and I have an idea about kyphosis (well you do have an interesting combination :-), from looking at my sisters medical books and some of the Cerebral Palsy kids I work with have Scheuermann's diesease but I know that's not much (but I can't explain it properly what it actually is).

But I do remember how very, very, very scared I was before surgery (i remember the day I got told I would need surgery I held it together for a couple of hours then absolutely bawled my eyes out, which shocked my teachers)

Even though I can't give you much disease specific advice, if you post your questions, some of your fears (or private message them to people) I think that people will try and help you the best they can

Alison

Comment

Working...
      X