6 Days Post-Op-Crazy Symptom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Days Post-Op-Crazy Symptom

I had surgery last Monday, Feb 4, to remove my rods. When they say that the second is easier than the first, they mean it.
    I had a few post-op complications like dry-heaving, fever, allergic reaction, and I would stop breathing in recovery, but it was nothing major like the first.
    I'm 6 days post-op and Ive been home for one day and feel really good. Theres only one problem thats really bad, and its my right shoulder blade. When I move it feels like something pulling, stinging, and burning. I was diagnosed with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, which is a chronic neurological pain disorder, after the first surgery and these were the first symptoms so I'm very worried thats whats going on. Has anyone ever had this symptom?

Thanks, Matt
    Matt

Rod Removal Surgery 2/4/2008
    www.myspace.com/ross40728
    Had surgery on 9/20/04
    81* Scheuermann's Disease
    40* Left Thoracic Scoliosis
    U Rod Inserted
    Fused from T2-L3

Matt,
    My first thought was muscle spasms from being cut, moved around, and put back in place so they could get the rods out. It could also be nerve pain. As the nerves heal you will probably feel a number of different sensations ranging from itching, to being shocked by a wall socket. Nerves take a LONG time to heal (they re-grow 1 mm a day) so nerves that wee barely damaged will start to heal quickly while those with more damage will take longer.
    Hope you feel better soon!

Comment

Matt, are you being treated for the RSD? If so, you may need to talk to the person treating you to see if some adjustments need to be made. Hope you feel better soon, and hang in there.

Comment

Working...
      X