You Tube Video - Scoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Tube Video - Scoliosis

Hi - our 7 yr old daughter has just had surgery to correct her scoliosis.. Check out this You Tube video.. if you are awaiting surgery we hope it will help and inspire you..
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KANauFWe8y8

Mum & Dad to Naomi Age 7
    Diagnosed 15 deg. in 2002,
    progressed to 30 deg. by 2004
    Brace from 2004 to 2007
    progressed to 75 deg. by 2007
    Surgery to insert Growth Rods in Jan 2008 by Mr Lehovksy, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, London
    Surgery to lengthen rods expected unitl 2013 and the spinal fusion
    Last edited by rcsmith; 02-07-2008, 08:43 AM.
    Mum & Dad to Naomi Age 7
    Diagnosed 15 deg. in 2002,
    progressed to 30 deg. by 2004
    Brace from 2004 to 2007
    progressed to 75 deg. by 2007
    Surgery to insert Growth Rods in Jan 2008 from 1T to 1L by Mr Lehovksy, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, London
    Surgery to lengthen rods expected unitl 2013 and the spinal fusion

Thanks for sharing your story

Your daughter is very brave and strong - you must be very proud of her!! I hope her recovery continues to go well.
    Best of luck!
    -Cara

Mom to Nathan Age 11Diagnosed 24 deg. in July 2007, progressed to 38 deg. by August 2007
    Boston Back Brace since 8/07 – 12/07
    VBS 12/10/07 Boston Children's Hospital
    Dr. Betz/Dr. Hresko
    40 Degrees before VBS
    25 Degrees After VBS
    Cara, Mom to Nathan
    Diagnosed 24 deg. in July 2007, progressed to 38 deg. by August 2007
    Boston Back Brace 8/07 – 12/07
    VBS 12/10/07 Boston Children's Hospital
    Dr. Hresko
    40 Degrees before VBS
    11 Degrees now!! (2012)

Nathan's VBS Video

www.vertebralstapling.com

Comment

Ditto!

Thanks for sharing--it was so nicely done. Your daughter is beautiful and strong and brave... and has a very loving mother! I wasn't sure if I could watch this because I just have dial-up, -- I tried, got hooked, and spent at least 20 minutes and watched it all. It was time well spent, even though it was done in about 1 second increments "on" then 15-20 seconds "off"... Nice job. I'm sure it's even better without the disjointedness I had to deal with.

You've been through so much--including moving! And it sounds like you have a long road ahead of you still. Will the other surgeries be as invasive? Best wishes, prayers, and hugs to you, your daughter, and the rest of your loving family.
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Simply amazing. Good luck with future surgeries. Your daughter is just adorable and wishing her a wonderful life! Keep us posted. Lynn
        1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
        2000 Partial Rod Removal
        2001 Right Scapular Resection
        12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
        06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

Thank you for sharing your daughters journey with us. Very touching pictures; she is a beautiful girl, and from the photos it seems she has a very good and very brave attitude. Best wishes to your family-

Renee

Comment

What an amazing story. Thank you for sharing that with us. I wish your daughter the best as she continues to go through this. You are both so awesome. When my daughter comes home from school I will show her this video. Your daughter is an inspiration to others. Please keep us posted.
            Melissa
            From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
            Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Thank you for sharing that with us. You have one brave daughter. She seems like such a sweet girl. You are obvisouly doing a wonderful job supporting and caring for her. I wish you and your family the best in the future. Keep us posted on how she is doing!
              Surgery completed July, 2007
              Fused from T4-T12
              23years old

Comment

Amazing little girl!

Wow! I just had to post to your you tube video. What an amazing little girl you have, she was just smiling through the whole thing and I'm sure it wasn't just for the cameras.

What a special soul she is, just gorgeous and to think what she has to face over the coming years just makes me want to cry for both of you.

Thank heavens we only (hopefully) have to go through this once.

Big cyber hug to you and your precious angel!

Del
                xx
                Elysia 16 in Feb 2010
                Sydney - Australia
                Feb 2008 Fused T5-L1 and 5 ribs removed.
                Dec 2009 - Crankshafting
                Dec 10 - Revision surgery...3 vertebrae taken down, hooks removed, at T11-L1 - screws inserted, fusion extended down to
                L3 using Pedicle screws, some rib removed to try to derotate. Praying for things to settle.

Comment

Working...
                X