Late January & February 2008 Surgery Dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late January & February 2008 Surgery Dates

Ok ... someone in charge PLEASE - *at least* - open up the back end calendar database for group INSERT permisssions.

It's a good thing I have no life at the moment and actually had time to start a list! ;-)

I've put together as many names - grouped by Kiddos/Adults - as I can dig up for Jan/Feb surgeries. If you don't see your name or your date has changed, please PM me instead of replying here (to cut down on clutter).

Thanks,
    Pam
    ADOLESCENT:
    swimbum
    (male, age 17)
    1/24/08

Matt
    (rod removal surgery)
    2/3/08

Sanah
    (female, age 15)
    2/4/08

samsmom
    (Samantha, age 16)
    2/5/08

Neesasmum
    (Annessa, age 14)
    2/7/08

Aussiemum
    (Elysia, age 12 - her 13th birthday is in February, as well ;-)
    2/12/08

ADULT:
    MrsWh
    (Hazel)
    1/24/08 and 2/7/08

Diane BCSW
    (Surgery #5, broken thoracic rods)
    1/28/08

csc
    1/29/08

txmarinemom
    (Pam, age 39)
    2/5/08

trulyaries
    (Felicia - who's going to miss my best stoned posting!
    Surgery #4, and the one that's gonna do the trick!)
    2/11/08

Sharshe
    (Sharon)
    2/18/08 and 2/22/08
    Last edited by txmarinemom; 01-25-2008, 06:56 AM.
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

I will be thinking of you all and I wish you all a speedy, pain free recovery. Keep us all posted! Alicia
    Geish
    47 years old, dx at 13
    +30* to the right, +60* to the left, +30* to the right
    Surgery 12-13-07 - fusion from T4 to sacrum.

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=267 Pre surgery
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=268 Post surgery
    http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/DSC01091.jpg Xray from the side
    http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1089-1-1-1.jpg Xray from the back

Comment

Calendar

Great idea to have the calendar. Helps me to remember where everyone is in regards to surgery.

Just wondering...did anyone else have to have a consult with the physical therapy department before the surgery? My daughter has an appointment this week.

Thanks,
      Michele
      Samsmom
      Mom to Samantha, Age 17

64 Degree Thoracic Curve
      42 Degree Lumbar Curve
      Fused T-4 to L-2
      Yale New Haven
      2/5/08

Comment

You're pretty cool!

Thanks, Pam! I wouldn't have asked you to, except I thought you told me you already had a list of everyone's surgery dates... and I'm glad (sort of) that it wasn't just me being denied access to the calendar. We are making progress, though. Remember, there wasn't any calendar for 2007, so that's one step...

The calendar is a really good idea, because we can check it and not have to find old posts, so I'm hoping they'll figure out what they need to do, so we can put surgery dates on it.

Lots of well wishes and prayers to all of you with upcoming surgeries. Pretty soon you'll be in the next phase of this adventure-- recovery. How exciting!
        71 and plugging along... but having some problems
        2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
        5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
        Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
        CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
        10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Pam -
          You are unbelievable! I can't believe you took the time to put that list together. And don't worry - I'll catch up with previous posts once I come out of my drug haze. Do you think anyone will notice that you have outed my real name?? When I first started posting here probably back in 2000, I was a little hesitant to put my real name down. I got over that after awhile but by then everyone just knew me as trulyaries and I didn't see any reason to change it after the fact. But now here I am:
          FELICIA!!!
          FeliciaFeliciaFelicia
          10/24/00 posterior fusion T4-L4 at age 57
          8/5/05 posterior surgery for spinal stenosis at L4-L5; laminectomy and fusion
          5/14/07 posterior revision with fusion to sacrum
          2/11/08 anterior discectomy L5-S1, and reinforcement of fusion with plate attached to L5-S1
          3/9/2011 and 3/11/2011 revision surgery with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis - complete revision and fusion with instrumentation from T1 to sacrum, one lumbar osteotomy.

Comment

Jan./Feb.2008 Dates

Hi. I'm new but have been quietly reading the Forum entries and gaining much information and finding I'm not alone with this problem. In reading, I
            noticed that there were three other members who are also having surgery in this time period: RiRi 1/22 & 1/23; DianeBCSW 1/28; and MrsWh 1/24/08, England. I think I'm in need of a skeletal transplant for a T curve of 91 degrees and L curve of 68. So, I'm praying and hoping that I'll be able to have the next best thing, spine reconstruction sometime this year. Good luck to all.

Comment

Welcome, Wishing! Thanks for doing that! I THINK RiRi already had hers several months ago, and the post that showed she was having it on T&W was actually dated last June. I could be wrong though. I think someone had just continued on with that post recently. The others are definitely REALLY soon! Glad you're finding info on the forum!

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Got a call today from DR saying I could switch up and have both Surgeries at Jefferson, but it would be Fri. the 1st and the following Mon. I told her that was just too soon. I still have a ton of loose ends to clear up.Otherwise I would have jumped on it. I still haven't done my PAT yet, thats scheduled for 2/1/08 and 2/5/08.
                2 60* curves, DDD, left trunk shift, some rotation, rib and lumbar humps, annular tear at L5-S1
                surgery 5/08 planning fusion T3 or T4 to sacrum with iliac fixation
                Dr. Anderson at Rothman Institute
                5/16/08 ALIF L1-L5
                5/23/08 fused T2-sacrum w/fixation and I'm all Titanium
                6/4/08 open all back up to clean out for Staph infection
                (left open with just clear dressing)
                6/6/08 recleaned and closed
                3/30/2012 revision planned, broken rod and removal of iliac bolts

Comment

Hoping for good news!!

I'm on for the 29th, if I pass my angiogram tomorrow! I've backed out a few times, but now I'm really hyped for it. So here's to hoping for the best.
                  CSC
                  Idiopathic Scoliosis; Wore a Milwaukee brace; Told by physician it would not progress
                  S curve; Surgery date: January 29, 2008!!

Comment

Jan/Feb surgery list updated ...

Just added everything (I think) ... let me know if I missed anyone.

Can someone confirm RiRi one way or another?

Regards,
                    Pam

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                    EMAIL ME

Comment

Jan./Feb.2008 Surgery

I believe I misread the dates on RiRi's post and believe she has her surgery safely behind her. Best wishes to everyone and I hope the surgery exceeds all of your expectations.

Comment

Thanks again...

Pam--so good of you to update this again. In December I had found a little calendar (4"x5") that I was going to use for just NSF surgeries. Of course with the holiday confusion it was temporarily "lost and forgotten"-- I have now found it and plotted in these dates, and plan to keep it next to my laptop so I'll have it "at the ready." I will try to keep it up to date and post when needed, allowing you to recover without feeling like you need to do that. Hopefully they'll get the NSF calendar working so we can use it rather than needing to post. Take care.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Originally posted by samsmom
                          Just wondering...did anyone else have to have a consult with the physical therapy department before the surgery?
                          Michele

In general, kids usually don't require physical therapy unless they're experiencing problems after surgery. Walking is the prescribed therapy. My daughter's been walking on the treadmill to get some exercise.

Best wishes to you and your daughter, believe me, the waiting prior to surgery was emotionally the toughest part for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherie
                            Michele

In general, kids usually don't require physical therapy unless they're experiencing problems after surgery. Walking is the prescribed therapy. My daughter's been walking on the treadmill to get some exercise.

Best wishes to you and your daughter, believe me, the waiting prior to surgery was emotionally the toughest part for me.

Hi Sherie,

I didn't think that PT was necessary either, but for some reason, they are having us go in tomorrow for a consult about 2 weeks prior. I guess we'll find out tomorrow why.

Thanks for your good wishes. The waiting is getting unbearable for us all. We so want it over and done.

Best,
                            Michele
                            Samsmom
                            Mom to Samantha, Age 17

64 Degree Thoracic Curve
                            42 Degree Lumbar Curve
                            Fused T-4 to L-2
                            Yale New Haven
                            2/5/08

Comment

PT pre-op consult ... hmmm.

Samsmom,

I only had a pre-op consult with Anesthesia ... and none scheduled for PT. The only thing I can think of is maybe to learn/practice logrolling before it's absolutely necessary?

Please let us know what all it involves ... now I'm curious ;-).

(and, Sherie ... I'm sure I'll be calling you over the next week or so to calm my nerves - LOL! It's getting close ... in fact Samantha and I are the same day.)

Regards,
                              Pam

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                              EMAIL ME

Comment

Working...
                              X