I'm new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new

Hi my name is Sol and I'm from Ecuador. I'm living in MA. Came 4 months ago for my daughter's surgery (she will be 4 years old next August) She has congenital scoliosis. her operation was on May 11 at Montefiore Children's hospital in NY. they did a segmental posterior spinal fusion with instrumentation. and Sol is currently in a body cast that extends down on both sides. They said she will require a brace after the first 3 months.
    has anybody had a similar case or have any advice for us?
    Thank you

Hi Sol,

Welcome to the board. My son has congenital scoliosis, but has had very different treatments and surgeries. I hope your daughter's recovery continues to go smoothly. I hope she will be healthy and strong.

Keep us posted on her recovery.
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Great Mommy

Congrats on your being such a wonderful mom. Your baby is very lucky to have your love and support. Sometimes as parents we get hit with the unexpected and unknown and it is really hard to deal with. God will see you through. You and yours are in my thoughts,
      megangilbride1@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
      X