hardware removal update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardware removal update

hey everyone just thought i'd give an update on my situation.
    last monday i went into surgery for partial removal of one rod because a pedicle became detached from my spine. When i woke up from the surgery they told me they had to remove everything because of a large infection all along my spine(there was pus all along it apparently and all over the rods). This lead to another surgery on wednesday to clean out the infection and scrape my bones. The cultures came back and showed it to be a slow growing staph infection(probably from my surgery 2 years ago)

I came home saturday and am feeling quite good. I have to have antibiotics through an iv for 8 weeks, then i will go on oral for another 6 months. Overall i feel much better after this surgery even with this whole infection thing.

Glad you're feeling better!

Did you ever have symptoms of infection? -- Just curious.
    Chris
    A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
    Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
    Post-op curve: 12 degrees
    Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

nothing but a slightly high level of c-reactive on a blood test. It's strange because the doctor said there was tons of it in me. I am a very thin person and there wasn't any swelling or redness that i could notice. Without this surgery i have no idea when it would have been discovered!

Comment

Working...
      X