Before and After pics!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before and After pics!!

Before and after pics!! pleased with the results i guess. even though i dont think it looked to bad in the first place!!! i mean ive seen worse, and now have a nice scar to go along with it to. but back looks practically dead stright. and i look a bit skinner!! yay!!

Got my post op on 3rd of Januray. REALLLYYY hope i can drive now!! but really nervous to, not exacly been wearing the brace as much as i should and got a bit of lower back pain. will let you no how it goes. fingers crossed. maybe they will say i can have the brace off forever!!! i wish!!

anyway let me no what you think of the results!!!

xxxx
    XxX..SaRaH..XxX

Wow Sarah!!! Amazing pics, super correction . I quite like back scars, certainly don't find them ugly. It will always be a talking point and something to be proud of!!

What were your curves pre-surgery?

Laura x
    UK based Mum of Imogen, 38 degree curve at 9 years old. SpineCor since 15/6/07, 31 degrees in brace.
    10th December 07 - 27 degrees, 23rd June 08 - 26 degrees, Feb 09 - 24 degrees, Aug 09 - 35 degrees, Jul 10 - 47 degrees, Dec 10 - 50+ degrees.
    Surgery due to take place early December 2011 at the RNOH, England.

Comment

Great pics!

Sarah--your back looks super! Thanks for sharing the pics! And now I can picture your face when I see your posts, as well. You'll keep getting better and better, and be able to do more and more things soon. Best wishes for your Jan. post op visit and whether you can start driving again-- and going "braceless." Take care!
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

hiya, aw thanks you. Um i had just one curve which was 56 degrees. But i dunno if its just me but i dont really think it looks that big. but i had a really flexible spine and if i just stood a certain way it would dissapear!! but im glad its all over. Thanks for your comments!! xx
        XxX..SaRaH..XxX

Comment

Sarah,

I am confused. I don't see any pictures with your scar. I see your before picture that really doesn't look very bad (my daughter's back became so deformed). Then there is the picture where your back looks really straight, but no scar.
          Melissa
          From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
          Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Melissa,

Look closely at the second picture and you'll see the scar. If you couldn't see it, I guess that's proof of how well the scars look!

Mary Lou
            Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

im so glad youve said that!! means its fading well i guess. On the 2nd picture its there. yes it dosnt look bad at all. but i did have quite a bit of a rib hump, which you cant really see. But that was the most obvious thing and also because i wear quite tight tops. but happy with the results, guess i was luckt that it didnt look to deformed xx
              XxX..SaRaH..XxX

Comment

I don't understand. When was your surgery, Sarah? Nicole's was 3 months ago and her scar is very red. But I haven't taken a picture of her scar lately so maybe it wouldn't show up too well. You look beautiful, Sarah. Congratulations!!!
                Melissa
                From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
                Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

2 months ago. Ive got quite quite good skin the doctor said, so it should it heal well. try some vitamine e cream its supposed to be v good. Thanks you xx
                  XxX..SaRaH..XxX

Comment

Very nice results Sarah, congratulations. My daughter looks good too, I'm very pleased with her outcome.

Comment

wow, Sarah!!! I can't believe your incision! your back is beautiful, sweetie! I know you are so proud to look normal....Your picture in bed brought back a lot of memories......keeps me humble! keep up the good work!
                      Lisa age 47
                      T curve 69 degrees
                      L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
                      fused to from T-3 to sacrum
                      anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
                      pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

You look terrific!

What a beautiful job your surgeon did. Enjoy your new look! LYNN
                        1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
                        2000 Partial Rod Removal
                        2001 Right Scapular Resection
                        12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
                        06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

You look great now Sarah. Your shoulders & waist are nice & even & your scar is barely noticeable, at least in the picture. My son's shoulders are still uneven & his scar is still quite pink & wider than yours appears to be.

Congratulations on such a good visual result! I hope your lower back pain gets better soon too. After my son's surgery, we found that if his back was hurting at all, going for a walk helped to make the pain disappear - sometimes with a little tylenol but mostly just walking.
                          Laurie

Mother of Alexander & Zachary:
                          Alex is 16 years old and in the 11th grade. He has congenital scoliosis due to a hemivertebrae at T10. Wore a TLSO brace for 3 1/2 years. Pre-op curves were T45 & L65; curves post-op are approx. T31 & L34. Had a posterior spinal fusion from T8 to L3 on 7/12/07 at age 12. Doing great now in so many ways, but still working on improving posture.
                          Zach is 13 years old and very energetic.

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics ... you look great ;-)

That incision healed fantastically - you really have to *squint* to even SEE a scar in the photo!

Regards,
                            Pam
                            Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
                            AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
                            Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
                            Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                            EMAIL ME

Comment

WOW!
                              The before and after pics are amazing!
                              Im glad the ops worked for you!
                              Now, i feel more confident, i mean if i do need the operation i don't feel as worried.
                              The scar isnt noticable at all!
                              xxxxxx

Comment

Working...
                              X