PLEASE READ! =] (it's about spinecor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE READ! =] (it's about spinecor)

I wore my brace to school AND cheer practice or the first time today!
    and everything went well. im so happy

I have a question:
    I think my brace fitter put my bolero upside down. Aren't the big straps supposed to wrap around your waist?
    Like i mean the bolero's one side has two almost straps that are thinner then the other two. and my idiotic brace fitter that thinks i tell him what to do put the wider strap side on my shoulders, causing them to almost slide off!
    Please help!

On a good note, it's really not that hard to hide under clothes, except for the thigh bands, that kind of show through my jeans and make me look like i have really bad underwear lines.
    And i still can't go to the bathroom in it, so i had to wait until i changed for cheer. haha.

So sorry for rambling on, I'm just happy about this.

HI
    Im 15
    im pretty outgoing
    JV Cheerleader-woot woot :]

my curves are:
    in the 30s.
    somewhere in or around there.

i have a spinecor brace.

Wow, I can't imagine how the bolero could be placed upsidedown hmmmm... but it sounds like it's a hit since you sound so happy! YAY!!!!

Canadian eh
    Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

I'm glad it went well!!! But it is imperative that it is fitted correctly. Do you have the manual? Although people snap the straps in different places depending on their type of curve, the Bolero is in the same position. If you look carefully at the pictures of the bolero you should be able to tell if yours is in the same position? Good luck
      daughter, 12, diagnosed 8/07 with 19T/13L
      -Braced in spinecor 10/07 - 8/12 with excellent in brace correction and stable/slightly decreased out of brace curves.
      -Introduced Providence brace as adjunct at night in 11/2011 in anticipation of growth spurt. Curves still stable.
      -Currently in Boston Brace. Growth spurt is here and curves (and rotation) have increased to 23T/17L

Comment

bolero

Celia,
        Thank you! Oh, and I am so happy for Deirdre! 2 degrees is amazing
        I hope i get that correction....

Jill,
        I heard the manual was online and it can be downloaded. Is that true?
        I have the booklet with that girl who shows all the components and how to attatch them.
        In that, it shows that the thinner sides go on the shoulders...idk. I'm not a brace fitter, but when i try it on that way, the bolero looks a lot better. However, the elastic bands don't stretch enough for me to just turn it around. So I might have to wait a while to get to the fitter. My parents still haven't gotten me xrays or anything since i got it in september...it's pretty annoying that they aren't taking it seriously now that I finally am.

HI
        Im 15
        im pretty outgoing

my curves are:
        in the 30s.

i have a spinecor brace.

Comment

Allegra:

You could send Dr. Rivard (Spinecor inventor) a photo of yourself in the brace to make sure it is fitted correctly.

His email is: charles-hilaire.rivard@recherche-ste-justine.qc.ca

He usually responds really quickly to emails and you don't have to be a patient of his.

Ruth
          Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

Genius!

Oh my gosh that is such a good idea!
            Thanks so much!
            I'm definitely going to do that.

HI
            Im 15
            im pretty outgoing

my curves are:
            in the 30s.

i have a spinecor brace.

Comment

Ruth has a great idea!

Here's a link to the manual if you want to see some other pictures.
              daughter, 12, diagnosed 8/07 with 19T/13L
              -Braced in spinecor 10/07 - 8/12 with excellent in brace correction and stable/slightly decreased out of brace curves.
              -Introduced Providence brace as adjunct at night in 11/2011 in anticipation of growth spurt. Curves still stable.
              -Currently in Boston Brace. Growth spurt is here and curves (and rotation) have increased to 23T/17L

Comment

Working...
              X