Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popping and clicking?

Hello, I am new to the forum.

On 10/2/07, I had revision surgery. When I was 13, I had 2 Harrington rods and 13 fused vertebrae, which later resulted in Flatback Syndrome and three crushed discs. One of the Harrington rods also detached in the process. This year (at 25 years old), I had the rods reattached, three disc replacements, and a number of osteotomies to restore correct curvature (lordosis) to my spine. I am fully braced until January. While I look nice and normal now and largely feel great, I'm a little concerned with some light popping and cracking noises in my back near the site of the osteotomies and fusions. Oh and I have two incisions: one down the length of my abdomen and one down the length of my entire back.

I just had my 2-month checkup last week, where the Dr. said everything was fine, and the light cracking and popping literally started the next day. The sounds aren't followed by any pain. I just have general mild pain, which I consider a HUGE improvement from before surgery.

Did anyone else have this? I know I've been a lot more active due to physical therapy and returning to work. I left a message with my doctor's office, but they haven't returned my call yet.

Thanks for any feedback you can give.
    Last edited by Traintrackspine; 12-07-2007, 09:40 AM. Reason: addition

I had loads of popping in my back for several months after surgery. Not painful, but you could feel (and hear) it going. It settled down with time and I was told it was just due to all the re-alignment.

Hope this helps.
    Double 63(T)/75(L) deg curve with big sideways shift - Surgery in UK on 8th February 2006.
    Post op 30(T)/33(L)
    http://warpedwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

About a year after my fusion (T11-L3) I started to get lots of pops and grinding . It is not painful but very creepy. I only have it in the afternoon, after i work all day. I called my Dr. she said "that will happen". I wonder if it will ever stop.

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me but it was more of a click then anything. It comes and goes when it wants.
        2002 - 42 degree curve (top) and 38 degree curve (bottom)

2003 - 43 degree curve (top) and 37 degree curve (bottom)

2007 - 46 degree curve (top) and 48 degree curve (bottom)

Anterior/Posterior surgery 17th of July and 31st of July 2007 and 2.5 cm's taller

Comment

Working...
        X