Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the kids at your school make fun of your brace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol a good way is if u have lunch or a break after lunch is to try and go to a a/c room and stand under it!! i do that alot at lunch!!

TAYLA
    HI! I'm Tayla
    I Wore A Boston Brace For 5Years!
    It Was Taken Off May 10.
    But... After a Review in Nov 10 My Back had got badd!!
    Im Now On The Waiting List For Surgery To Get The Bottom Curve Fused.
    pre surgery:
    51 at the top.
    49 at the bottom

<3 Tayy
    S COLIOSIS
    Makes Us Stronger... <3

Comment

Well I'd suggest you wear layers, I start gym in a week and we have connectime (15 minute home room) aftr gym hour luckily that i can cool off, but I wuld say wear a tanktop or tshirt that covers it and bring a sweatshirt for when u cool off (if u do) otherwise drink water! I have tons of issues with not drinking enuff water which may add to my heat! best wishes~

oh and btw, i adj. mine on my own and i went to get my first xray 2day, and all of my curves are exactly within 1-2 degreees of each other..so i guess my pads arent placed wrong...but thats just me :-\
      Danielle
      14 Freshwoman
      December 1st got no head the boston brace
      Pre Brace Curves:18C 25T 30L
      In brace curves: (1/23/08) 16C 20T 22L
      In brace Curves: (5/21/08) 19C 19T 15L
      We're Bringing CURVY BACK

Comment

A Story

It may seem like people will make fun of you, but really, they won't.
        I got my TLSO brace about 7 months ago. The first day that I wore it to school, one kid said to me "what's up, football player?!" I cried, and I was really upset because nobody else at my school has one. He did not realize that I had a brace, and when he found out he came and apologized. All of the popular girls at my school thought it was so cool, and they wanted to try it on! I found it so weird that nobody was picking on me, or laughing at me. Since then, anybody that sees me never notices it, and they're totally used to it! It's pretty neat.
        braceyourself.

Comment

Working...
        X