MY STORY & TIPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY STORY & TIPS

Hello all! I have had scoliosis all of my life. I found out in September 2006 that I was going to have to have surgery. In the months of waiting I was a little nervous but not as much as the day of surgery. Then 9 long months later on the morning of Wednesday, June 27, 2007 I stepped into an elevator at St. Louis Children's hospital to the 6th floor what was marked on floor 6? Surgery. I wasn't talking much I saw my doctor and anesthesiologist and got wheeled down to my OR next thing I knew I was on an elevator going to ICU. It was over at last. The next day the doctors made me sit up and walk about 2 steps and I slept almost all day because I was up all night the night before. Then on July 2nd 2007 I was released. Even today during class I had little backaches it takes a LONG TIME TO HEAL. Overall it was worth it and tomorrow on my 5 month anniversary I will reflect on how far i've come. OK now for tips if you hear you get a month off school for surgery DONT DO IT DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR! When I was laying in my bed in pain I could'nt imagine homework being dumped on me. Also in the weeks before surgery have fun don't worry or dread (save that for the day of & night before like I did ) so I thank you for reading and I will continue to support all of my fellow surgery friends!
    Hospital: St. Louis Childrens Hospital

You sound like you're doing very well, congratulations. My daughter just had surgery there at St. Louis, we flew all the way from Houston to see Dr. Lenke. Is that your doctor?

Comment

no Dr. Dobbs
      Last edited by Scoli62707; 11-27-2007, 09:31 PM.
      Sugery: Wednesday, June 27, 2007
      Fused: T3-L4
      Hospital: St. Louis Childrens Hospital

Comment

Working...
      X