How bad are your curves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad are your curves?

How bad are your curves? I dont know if mine are bad or not...
    Hi, I am Eliza. I wear a boston brace. I have wore it for 2 months almost 3. I have 2 curves in my spine. One is 25*T, the other one is 20*S. My boston brace has kept them about the same degree since I have been wearing it. My hobbies include: volleyball, my dog (his name is Amos), swimming (for fun).

Eliza:

Good luck with your appointment - hope your curves are not very big.
    My children's and my curves are in my signature line.

Ruth
    Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

Hi Eliza - My curves are 16*T and 25*L. I don't think that my curves are that bad. I'm getting measured for my boston brace on 11/26/07 (tommorow). My doctor told me I had to get a brace because my one curve was 25*. Good luck!

-smoothie305

Comment

smoothie305,

I have a boston brace also. I hope your curves are decresing! My next appointment is in my signature. What does T and L mean?
        Hi, I am Eliza. I wear a boston brace. I have wore it for 2 months almost 3. I have 2 curves in my spine. One is 25*T, the other one is 20*S. My boston brace has kept them about the same degree since I have been wearing it. My hobbies include: volleyball, my dog (his name is Amos), swimming (for fun).

Comment

C is for cervical - that's the part of the spine at the neck.

T is for thoracic - that's the part of the spine that's next.

L is for lumbar - that's the part of the spine that's next.

and

S is for sacrum - that's the part of the spine at the bottom.

This is a link to a drawing:

http://www.lieberson.com/en/Images/...bels%20copy.jpg

Ruth
          Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

My curves are 15 and 20
            My Scoliosis
            My curves are 15 and 21.
            I wear a Boston Brace
            Don't think I am getting surgery
            http://scoliosisadmin.proboards79.com/index.cgi

Comment

Mine were (last time I was xrayed) 15 and 25.

Comment

40 and 40.
                haha wow. im the worst one so far. xD
                i have scoliosis. third boston brace. (:

Comment

Sorry to hear yours is the worst xxx chic xxx out of all of ours. I am not sure they are exact, hopefully my curves have decresed by then and now. My next appointment is in my signature, it is in 1 day! Wish me luck!

Comment

Good luck, Eliza - I sure hope they have gone down. My daughter is 27T and 17L out of brace. She is wearing a SpineCor since Oct. so we have yet to see if it will work. She is corrected in the brace to 27T and 13L.
                    Leigh
                    DD is 15 year old girl, 27T, 17L - in SpineCor since Oct. 07.
                    March 08 - in brace T8; 11L
                    Aug. 08 - out of brace 24T; 8.7 L

Comment

Hope your daughters curves decrese and keep decreasing. Thanks for all the luck! I go tomorrow and I am very nervous!

Comment

Curves

Hi Eliza,

Scolioswimmer: T33 and L30

Comment

I wear a Boston brace and my curves are T38 and L35.

I went back to the ortho. the other day to get x-rays (while wearing the brace) and it didn't straighten my curves out at all. He said it is supposed to decrease it by about 15. So, they are ajusting mine, and I hope it helps.

Comment

my curves got worse

hi, my name is nicole. i only have one curve that i know of. it's 25 degrees, the last check-up i had (6 months ago) my curve was at 23 degrees, now on the 5th of march they told me that my curve got worse by 2 degrees. though they said it was fine because they said that if it gets worse in the range of 3 degrees that that's degrees in error or something like that. so they said it was practicaly fine.
                            i am worried though because i'm not wearing the brace as tight as i should because i get stumach aches. i have been wearing the brace at night since last summer and they said that it has been helping!
                            Last edited by lil cutie; 03-09-2008, 01:34 PM.
                            Hey i'm Nicole,
                            i'm 16, i like to write stories
                            and poems.
                            I never come on here so...
                            peace

Comment

Working...
                            X