scared and scarred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scared and scarred

Hey there people! I'm new! and Holy cow, Wow there are a lot of people with herrington rods!

I am a 36 year old female, and new to speaking at forums and I am new to this information super highway thingy and you can just call me a late bloomer I guess. Anyways I have Herrington rods right side placement L2 to T2 left side T6 to L2, I have a syrinx C5 and I had my first surgery Oct 1996 then a screw broke and Jun 2003 I survived another surgery because I am an MH patient and I spent two years in a Milwaukee brace at the tender age of 13 I was a huge surgery risk so the brace was back then the only route. I endure higest levels of pain and as I assume most people with equipment in place where God never intend do I guess. I am now suffering daily and the freggin nerve pain shoots down my left arm and all day and any time I move I get pain and I can’t pick anything up with my left arm. I meet a surgeon on Monday I need to discuss removal of the rods because for the past two years, and though I've dealt with constant pain levels I have not taken Any pain medication No trust me if I could I would I’m no martyr. I was wondering how many people have had and what they call a successful rod removal and what do you do to keep your muscles up after the surgeries?

Thanks a bunch,
    Kell bell

Kellbell:
    My heart goes out to you for all the pain. I hope you can work out some solutions. I can't offer much in the way of advice only my sympathies. Have you tried yoga? I think there are some moves that can help after surgery. Also have you tried vibrating chairs/tables at chiropractor offices? I have heard from our daughter's chiropractor they help with her flexibility and she has had three surgeries.
    Ruth
    Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

Working...
    X