Pain Pace Maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain Pace Maker

I have had revision surgery and am still in a lot of pain. Meds do not help pain, just make me groggy. Nothing shows in any diagnostic tests that could be corrected with more surgery. One pain clinic mentioned an implanted device that is attached to the spinal nerves that intercepts the pain message to the brain. I am now seriously considering this option, as the pain is wearing me down. Does anyone know the medical name for this device and have any websites I could check out to research further? Thanks.

Lee....

Could it be a Intrathecal Spinal Pump or Dorsal Column Stimulator?

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Yes, Linda, it is the dorsal column stimulator or the peripheral nerve stimulator. I went online and did a search and read a really informative article after I posted. Different methods and amounts of electrodes depending on the individual circumstances. Guess I need talk to a few different doctors and see what type each would recommend, if any. Still, any feedback would be helpful.

Comment

Working...
      X