neck issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shirley from texas

hello this is my first time on this site i too had a harrington rod put in when i was 15 in 1975 my life was great all the way until around 1998 then i started having lower back pain i went to dr after dr finally my son in law found dr lagrone in amarillo i was diagnosed with flatback i had surgery in 11 01 i had my rod removed i had a lot of pain for at least a year after revision surgery but i did get better and have had no pain since around janurary 03 a couple weeks ago pain started in my neck and shoulder the left one pain is getting worse anyone out there had similar problems

Comment

Welcome, Shirley!

Just wanted to say "hi" and "welcome to the forum!' I can't help you with your neck pain questions, but I bet some others can. There's a bunch of friendly, caring and supportive people on this forum. Sorry you have been having problems... have you been to see your doctor lately?
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

is anyone else had this problem

:i had revision surgery in nov 2001 been doing great until a couple weeks ago having severe pain in my neck shoulders and beetween shoulder blades where rods end also a knot has come up there if anyone can give me advice sure would appreciate hae appt in 2 weeks with dr

Comment

pain in the neck

Hi Shirley:

I'm new also to the forum. I also have neck trouble for the past seven years
          when I started having alot of pain everywhere as a result of having surgery when I was a teen. Everything is much better since I started having physical
          therapy over a year ago. (she is the 5th physical therapist I've been to)
          She does what is called crainosacral therapy. (which is not spelled right)
          My pain has decreased alot but hasn't gone away completely. My neck is continuing to give me trouble. I think it needs to be exrayed. I haven't gone
          to the dr in a long time. Please let me know how you are doing and what works for you. Good luck.

ChrisL

Comment

Hi Shirley,

I am new to this forum too. I am sorry you are having problems. I know what you are going through. I am having similar problems. I had surgery in 1971, at the age of 12. I have a herrington rod and my fusion is between the shoulder blades. I really did not have any trouble with my back until just a couple of years ago. I went through premature menopause at the age of 39 and I really do think that is when my trouble started. I noticed my curves getting worse about 2 years after my last period, but the pain didnt start until just a couple years ago. I have had a bone density test and I have osteopenia. I was also told that I have flatback syndrome too. I havent had any revision surgey yet. but i am sure there is going to be some in my future. I have seen several different doctors. Each one has had their own theory on what is going on. Mostly, that I am a chronic complainer. I really havent had good luck with Doctors. I have done Physical therapy. That seemed to help a little. I do alot of yoga. That helps too. As for my neck, I feel like I have a stiff neck 90% of the time. I have an appointment with another doctor in april. How do you like Dr Lagrone?
            Last edited by cameol998; 02-19-2008, 07:30 PM.

Comment

I know this thread is getting a bit old, but I thought I add my bit.

I've never had any neck problems until about 12 months post op when I started getting bad pain in my wrists and arms. My hands and arms often go to sleep at night as well and my physio blames C4, C5 and C6 as they get very stiff and misaligned.

I also have Reynauds disease and this ha been significantly worse recently.

It was only reading this post that made me think that there might be a link between my fusion and these neck problems.
              Double 63(T)/75(L) deg curve with big sideways shift - Surgery in UK on 8th February 2006.
              Post op 30(T)/33(L)
              http://warpedwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
              X