No Brace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Brace?

Is any1 here (Or ur child) between 12-14 don't have 2 wear the brace anymore? Or @ least don't have 2 wear it 2 school? Cuz I am tired of my brace.
    Last edited by ~ScoliosisGurl~; 10-23-2007, 07:39 PM.
    My Scoliosis
    My curves are 15 and 21.
    I wear a Boston Brace
    Don't think I am getting surgery
    http://scoliosisadmin.proboards79.com/index.cgi

If you don't like the Boston Brace have you looked at the Spinecor? It is good for small curves like yours and might be more comfortable....
    Why are you tired of wearing your brace?
    Ruth
    Last edited by rtremb; 10-22-2007, 11:15 PM.
    Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

Thanxs 4 the reply...I am tired of it cuz I can't do as much things, I don't like having 2 keep track of the time I've had it off and have 2 put it back on, and I don't want people 2 know I have it.
      My Scoliosis
      My curves are 15 and 21.
      I wear a Boston Brace

Comment

Sorry to hear you are tired of your brace. Have you looked at the Spinecor brace? There is a website. My daughter got one yesterday. No one can tell you are wearing the Spinecor brace and you can move around more easily in it than a hard brace. Maybe you could talk to your parents about this brace if you like the way it looks on the website?
        Ruth
        Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

No, I haven't yet...But it's noth that the Boston Brace is uncomfortable, it's just that I don't want 2 wear a brace @ all. But thanx
          My Scoliosis
          My curves are 15 and 21.
          I wear a Boston Brace

Comment

Ask your Doctor if a Providence Brace is right for you

Hi ScoliosisGurl,

My daughter is in a Providence brace. It takes sometime to get used to, but she only has to wear it at night, 8 to 10 hours. You may want to ask your Dr. if you could look into getting a Providence Brace. It is fairly new technology and has good results. (Just a thought.)

Comment

Mine is currently working hard to hold my curve, and since it is doing a good job, I will not have to wear it to school in May. I am also very tired of mine, tired of being the only one with one, the only one who can't wear as tight of clothing.. don't worry, I know the feeling. Just keep wearing it like you should and it'll hopefully be over sometime soon. Good luck!
              braceyourself.

Comment

Working...
              X