Am in agony, anyone had similiar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am in agony, anyone had similiar?

Hi I have idopathic scoliosis and last tuesday I landed myself at casualty with a severe side muscular spasm, was given tramadol/diazepam/codeine and was all ok till I reacted badly to the Tramadol. I was signed off work immediately till this Wednesday and all was repairing till Saturday just gone. I developed a sensation of having to drag my left leg and on occasion I am loosing the grip sensation in my right hand. I contacted my gp this morning with concern and pain as my back gave up after lifting my cat up,they told me they had no space and to call tommorrow!!! I am in agony and wonder if i should go to casualty again as they had more about them and have facilities to check me out? Any ideas?

In agony

Wow! How are you feeling today? You might want to see a neurologist for this. I'd try to get in right away!

dsal

Comment

Have been

Hiya I went down and it was the usual dose of heavy muscle relaxents and pain killers, left on a trolley under a cold air conditioning unit for 3 hours, no x-ray or anything!

They know I am off to my usual hospital consultant in 2 weeks so I think they think why bother at the moment. Only downside is I am signed off work and dont get paid for it. I have a mouth on me though and will be sure to tell the hospital what pain I have been through and what will they do about it ha ha ha xxxx

Comment

Try a heating pad or soaking in a warm tub (don't let the water get cold) to ease muscle problems. I take Tramadol for arthritis pain. It is a strong anti-inflammatory. Are you sure you didn't react to the codine? That is a common allergy.
        T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
        2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
        3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
        Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

Tramadol and heat

Hiya the doc reckoned it was the Tramadol and since I have stopped taking it i haven't had a headache since?! I actually find heat was making it worse this time, usually I have little stick on heat patches but this time for some odd reason that didn't work?

xxx

Comment

Working...
          X