STAFF Infection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STAFF Infection

Have any of you ever had this before? A STAFF Infection, and had to have the surgery again>? Also have any of you ever had a PICC Line? i just had to have surgery again on my 3 week aniversary of my 1st one. You can read my thread in "surgical First Time" Look under STAFF infection. I am 24 years old. Tara Ward
    Tara Ward

I had a staff infection in 1995 approx 3 weeks after my first surgery as well. It was very scary and very painful. I had to have another surgery to clean out the wound. They had to open up the insicsion site. Fortunately, I was so out of it, I didn't even know I was going back in for surgery. I don't know if the second surgery had any kind of negative effect, but my scar is pretty bad. I think that is from opening it twice. The recovery from the second surgery was not as bad as the first. Good luck, I hope this helps.

Comment

Taraward,
      Yes, I had a staph infection....my first one was about 4 months after my a/p surgery. While on antibiotics via a PICC line at home, I developed a second staph infection. In all I had to go back to surgery 4 times because of staph. During all of this I had a PICC line for antibiotics. At the last surgery to remove the infection, my doc removed all of the hardware. At this point I was 8 months post-op. I don't want you to feel that you may get multiple infections like I did. It is unusual for patients to get mulitple infections like I did....it was just one of those things.

If you have any questions about your PICC or getting a staph infection feel free to e-mail.
      SandyC
      SandyC

Comment

Working...
      X