Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had to have surgery again! STAFF Infection!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Linda

Thank you for your words of encourage.

Comment

Tara,

I'm thinking about you ..how are you feeling?
      CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
      fused T4 -L3
      Hip graft
      Grown 1 1/2 inches
      25/o upper T 15/o
      53/o T 15/o
      37/o L 6/o
      Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
      New York City

August 6, 2004
      Pulmonary Embolism
      complication from surgery

January 2007 currently
      increasing pain at the T4/5
      point irratation heardwear

Comment

Hey Tara,

This is Theresa. It was great talking to you the other day. I'l try to give you a call this evening to see how you are doing. Hope everything is fine. Theresa
        Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
        Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
        Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
        Fused T2 to sacrum
        June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
        MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Joe's Mom

Thank you so much for your support your so nice. I need all the help i can get, let me know if you ever need anything ok. Thanks again. -Tara
          Tara Ward

Comment

Hi Tara:

I am sorry that it has taken me so long to post this for you but I have been so busy for the past couple of weeks with My Mom here to attend a wedding and also to have a small surgery done. Anyhow I am back to normal and such and I am so sorry to hear about your infection hun - I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and hopefully the next time we all hear from you everything will be healed and staph free. Keep positive hun

Nancy
            Nancy

Comment

that is horrible! I will keep you in my prayers also. I can't even imagine what you are going through. Stay strong, one day it will be just a memory.

Comment

THANK YOU FRIENDS!!!

Thank you, all of you!!! You guys are so wonderful and supportive!!! I just love you all!!! I get my PICC Line out on the 30th, gonna take a LONG bath and FINALLY have a glass of wine to celebrate oooooooh it's gonna be so nice to be NORMAL again!!!!
                Tara Ward

Comment

Tara

That is so awesome. So glad to hear it. I wish you all the best.

Comment

Hi Tara:

So glad to hear that things are on the mend - thinking of you and wishing your removal date hurries up.
                    Let's hope this nasty infection is gone forever and things are now full steam ahead for your complete recovery.

Nancy
                    Nancy

Comment

Tara,

I've been thinking about you and trying to follow your progress...so far so good...keep it up!!!soon you'll be up and running
                      CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
                      fused T4 -L3
                      Hip graft
                      Grown 1 1/2 inches
                      25/o upper T 15/o
                      53/o T 15/o
                      37/o L 6/o
                      Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
                      New York City

August 6, 2004
                      Pulmonary Embolism
                      complication from surgery

January 2007 currently
                      increasing pain at the T4/5
                      point irratation heardwear

Comment

staff infection

you are not alone. i broke my arm and after surgery it got infected. they have gone back in three times to clean it and tomorrow will make five as they are going to replace the hardware. it's hard, it hurts, i just hope that we are able to get clean of our gift from the hospital.

i'm just resigned to the process. i'm not happy about it i just pray that you and i can get past this.

Comment

Tara,
                          I just had surgery 4 weeks ago on an infection at the top of my back incision. Although mine was not as severe as yours, we weren't sure until I was in the operating room and the doctor was able to open it up and look at it. I had a few very scary days of thinking of all of the what if's, including IV antibiotics. My infection did not spread and was very localized, but the possibility of a larger infection was there and I was terrified until I woke up and got the news.

I will definitely pray for you and hope that you are doing ok.

Comment

Tara,

Keep up your spirits! As someone who is facing surgery in the future (Jan. 06) hearing about getting infections etc is not promising, but the good part is that you will recover and everyone is pulling for you.

I'm giving you a toast with wine now.

Lynn

Comment

Staph

Tara:
                              You are so brave! You have gone through hell, I'm sure. I have a question
                              someone can answer I'm sure. If you have staph, the staph makes your
                              fusion take immediately. ( I had staph in 1982 with a fusion at L4/5. I wore no
                              brace post-op as the doctor said the fusion would take because of the infection. Why would you need to put all that metal back in your body if you
                              are fused? Kathleens rose

Comment

Kathleens...

That's odd. I'd love to get a clarification from an M.D. My understanding is that the infection will actually eat away at the bone.

--Linda
                                Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                                Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
                                X