Stress fracture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stress fracture

I just had an extension surgery in June to fill the rest of my back with metal (I had some of it done when I was 13, had some degeneration below my fusion, so my dr. went ahead and rodded up the rest of my back as well as my hips to keep future problems from happening). He seems to be a very good doctor, with a lot of experience with the problems I am dealing with. His PA told me on my last visit that the reason I am having trouble recovering from my pain might be that I have a stress fracture where the hip (iliac wing extension) fusion is. Has anyone experienced this? She said there are conservative treatments without going into surgery. Does anyone have any experience in this area?

Idiopathic Scoliosis Diagnosed 1990
    Suboccipital Decompression for Arnold Chiari Malformation 1991
    Posterior Spinal Fusion 1993
    L2 Lumbar extension and iliac wing post. fusion 2007
    Jessica B.
    "Bionic Woman"

1990 - 1993 - Wore Boston Brace
    1991 - Post fossa decompression for Arnold Chiari Malformation
    1993 - Posterior spinal fusion T4 - L4 and thoracoplasty T6 - T10 on the right
    2007 - Lumbar laminectomy L4 - L5; L2 - iliac wing extension instrumentation and fusion

I have read alot about scoliosis surgery but I never seen anything about getting a stress fracture from taking bone from your hip. Maybe you should ask you doctor for an x-ray of that hip to make sure it isn't fractured.

Comment

Stress fracture

No... they didn't remove any bone from my hip. They put titanium rods throughout the rest of my back and out to my hips. They think maybe the strain of the new rods has caused a stress fracture on my bones. I go for a C/T scan next week - the x-ray didn't show anything.
      Jessica B.
      "Bionic Woman"

1990 - 1993 - Wore Boston Brace
      1991 - Post fossa decompression for Arnold Chiari Malformation
      1993 - Posterior spinal fusion T4 - L4 and thoracoplasty T6 - T10 on the right
      2007 - Lumbar laminectomy L4 - L5; L2 - iliac wing extension instrumentation and fusion

Comment

Wow, I didn't know the rods can do that. Hopefully it is something that can be easily fixed. Feel better.
        Sue

Comment

Working...
        X