Vertebral Stapling Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melissa,
    I am so happy to hear that Nicole went back to school today. I guess that is certainly a testament to how resilient these kids are and how quickly they get back to their normal life. That is so amazing to me. Was she really tired when she got home? I bet you missed her being home with you. I can totally picture Chris milking the whole recovery period and trying to stay out of school for as long as possible.

I actually take Centrum vitamins so I'm thinking about just giving those to Chris. As long as it's a multivitamin that contains iron, it should be ok, right?

Did you buy a matching tutu for yourself?
    Lori

Mom to Christopher, age 17, Mark, 13, Heather, 10 and Michael, 8
    Chris had surgery with Dr. John Flynn at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia on December 12, 2007. He is fused T4 to L4.
    Dr. Flynn is an AMAZING surgeon!

Comment

Lori,

I certainly didn't think of all the questions myself, I wish I could say I had! I have to give much credit to the many parents (on this forum) who had already been through this or were going through it at the same time I was. It's all a cumulation of talking with other parents, & lots of research. I am happy if I can be of help to anyone and make this process a little easier to get through.

They used pedicle screws and a hook at the top for my son's surgery. Screws might be used, as well as hooks and wires. He didn't need to be braced after surgery, I think that might be more of an issue with anterior surgery.

Melissa,

I am so glad Nicole a a good first day back at school. I think you were right in that we all can tend to worry and overthink things too much. p.s. I hope you will post pics of your little doggie in her costume! I have a big, hairy, black lab/chow mix, I just can't imagine her in a tutu-now that would be funny!

Renee

Comment

I am just jumping in to this post, but wanted to say I am thinking of Nicole as she recovers and will keep her in my thoughts.

On the vitamins, my daughter (almost 13) loves the Yummi Bears Vitamins by Hero Nutritionals that contain wholefood fruits and vegetables concentrate and antioxidents. They are allergen & gluten free with no artificial colors or preservatives.

I would love to see a picture of Roxy in her tutu! I wanted to get a costume for my cat, but my daughter thinks I am a bit crazy!!!
        Stephanie ~ mom to Ali soon to be 13
        Diagnosed 12/06
        Boston Brace - 3/07 ~ SpineCor Brace - 6/07
        Curves ~ 40 T/30 L

Comment

Thanks, everyone.

I didn't have time to miss Nicole. I worked with a little boy (I am a teacher), bought the tutu and it was time to pick up Nicole. She wasn't real tired. Just a little beat. She has never taken a nap during the day since home from the hospital.

I have seen vitamins that look good but don't contain iron. Do those natural ones have iron?

No, I didn't get myself a tutu. That would be a scary thought. I want to post pictures of Nicole's x-rays, Nicole with a straight back, the t-shirts we had made, roxy going trick or treating. I need my kids to do those things. One day I really want to do that.

It is amazing to see how quickly these kids heal. One month ago today we were living a nightmare. Today seems like a pretty normal day.
          Melissa
          From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
          Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Renee,
            I sent you a private message.

Lori
            Lori

Mom to Christopher, age 17, Mark, 13, Heather, 10 and Michael, 8
            Chris had surgery with Dr. John Flynn at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia on December 12, 2007. He is fused T4 to L4.
            Dr. Flynn is an AMAZING surgeon!

Comment

Lori,

Saw it. I replied.

Renee

Comment

I have had a lot going on & haven't had time to read/write on this forum. But I wanted to say that I hope Sheena's pre-op went well & that I'm so glad Nicole is back in school already. Wow!
                Laurie

Mother of Alexander & Zachary:
                Alex is 16 years old and in the 11th grade. He has congenital scoliosis due to a hemivertebrae at T10. Wore a TLSO brace for 3 1/2 years. Pre-op curves were T45 & L65; curves post-op are approx. T31 & L34. Had a posterior spinal fusion from T8 to L3 on 7/12/07 at age 12. Doing great now in so many ways, but still working on improving posture.
                Zach is 13 years old and very energetic.

Comment

Working...
                X