what was i thinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nathan
    I also had to get blood tranfusions after my surgery, I don't know if you can get staph from that. I have been on very strong antibotics from June 2007 until the end of Aug 2007. I was off the antibotic for two weeks and my doctor took blood tests and it showed my count was high for inflamation which means there is an infection somewhere. Of course I think the staph infection is back. I just had another blood test today in a few days I'll find out if my counts are normal or not. Staph infections attach themeselves to implants and once they go on your implants it is very hard to get rid of them and most cases they have to go back in for surgery clean out the infection and replace the hardware. I was given more antibotics to take if the blood results come back high again. My choice is to take the antibotics for the rest of my life or have surgery. The the surgery isn't guaranteed - the staph may be dormat for a while and attach itself on the new hardware. If I can I will wait for next year hopefully my fusion will be solid by then and have the hardware removed.
    Sue

Comment

Thanks again Heidi!!! I'll keep you posted on therapy, I'm sore and achy, but I keep remembering what you said!!!

Nathan, I also had blood transfusions in March 2007... 2 units of blood on March 5 and 6 units on March 9th...

While in the hospital, they thought that I had a staph infection, they isolated me, but it was just my body reacting and how my body was healing...

I still have pain and hopefully, therapy will help me!

Talk to you soon,

Gina

Comment

nathan

hello friends

I just found out the doctor who did my surgery in march 07, is going to retire at the end of this month.i am mad becouse i thought he should
        have told me he was thinking about retireing before he did my surgery. now
        i am in all this pain and no doctor i am feeling kind of depress i know
        there is a light at the end of the tunnel but it seem like it,s so far away
        do anyone no a good back doctor in birminghan alabama?

nathan

Comment

Working...
        X