Only 2 Weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 2 Weeks

It is now only two weeks before we fly to LA for our main holiday. Yippeee out of school for another 2 weeks. We had to go in term time because my dad can only get these weeks at his job.
    When I got my Milwaukee brace things turned a little difficult for my parents not knowing how it may affect the holiday such as flying.
    Mum phoned the airport to get help explaining I was in a milwaukee brace and if posible they wanted me to wear it during the flight. They were very helpful and we have booked seats in advance. They will not allow me to sit in a isle seat in case of an emergency but I have a window seat. I have never been on a airplane before and very excited but at the same time a bit upset because I dont think the milwaukee brace will let me look out the window.
    My dad had a talk to me last night about the brace. He said he wants me to enjoy my holiday but my brace will be on all the time except for a hour i will be allowed to go swimming each day. Everything I do on holiday is going to be in the brace no allowances. I dont think this is fair for just the 2 weeks.
    WANE

oo really?? is that what they told you? when i fly on a plane they dont even know about it.. lol and btw.. i know im supposed to wear my brace 23/7 but my doctor said that once in a while i can take it off for longer, but the maximum is 4 hours. i cant be more than 4 hours out it. so like once in a week or two or three.. lol i go to the beach and i take it off and just have fun in the sun.. lol but there are some things im not allowed to do so i dont .. what about you ?? r u allowed to be out of ur brace more than an hour once in a while?? anyways~ have fun in the airplane! lol
    My name is Rotem
    I am 13 and in 7th grade
    Started with 2 curves:
    34º Therotical
    50º Lumber
    I currently wear a Cheneau Brace
    Got my 1st on Nov. '06
    Got my 2nd on Nov. '07
    Just got my 3rd one today (May7 '08)
    and im still trying to get used to it
    Hoping I won't need surgery
    I live in South Florida
    3rd check on November 17,2007,
    Got an X-ray done Feb. 5th, with EXCELLENT news!
    30º Theoratical
    37º Lumber
    4th check on May 7, 2008

Comment

hey i have a boston brace and i get it off for 4-5 hours a day. once in a while like 4-5 times a year i get it off for like 8 hours like if im sick or at a water park. i keep it on 19-20 hours a day. i hate having school now because of the heat wave that most of the days were about 90* and one day i almost had to change out of it i got so warm.

~scoliosisat12
      Jodi Lynn
      Milwaukee Brace from age 11-13
      Surgery June 30th (age 14)
      Now 16 and as happy as ever
      *Brace Yourself*

Comment

haha.. wat do u think i feel down here in florida with the heat?? haha
        My name is Rotem
        I am 13 and in 7th grade
        Started with 2 curves:
        34º Therotical
        50º Lumber
        I currently wear a Cheneau Brace
        Got my 1st on Nov. '06
        Got my 2nd on Nov. '07
        Just got my 3rd one today (May7 '08)
        and im still trying to get used to it
        Hoping I won't need surgery
        I live in South Florida
        3rd check on November 17,2007,
        Got an X-ray done Feb. 5th, with EXCELLENT news!
        30º Theoratical
        37º Lumber
        4th check on May 7, 2008

Comment

Working...
        X