Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope all goes well with the surgery.

Ruth Tremblay, Ottawa
    Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

I'm sending lots of positive wishes & healing thoughts toward Nicole (& you & your husband) tomorrow. I hope it goes really well, I'm sure it will. Like everyone else, I'll be awaiting your first report.
      Laurie

Mother of Alexander & Zachary:
      Alex is 16 years old and in the 11th grade. He has congenital scoliosis due to a hemivertebrae at T10. Wore a TLSO brace for 3 1/2 years. Pre-op curves were T45 & L65; curves post-op are approx. T31 & L34. Had a posterior spinal fusion from T8 to L3 on 7/12/07 at age 12. Doing great now in so many ways, but still working on improving posture.
      Zach is 13 years old and very energetic.

Comment

Melissa,

I didn't get to post yesterday but you and Nicole were on my mind all day - I just wasn't near the computer much. Can't wait to hear that she's doing wonderfully in a few days,

Hugs,

Maria
        mariaf305@yahoo.com
        Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
        Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Melissa,
          I've been thinking about you. Pray all is going as hoped.
          CHOP was rated the number one children's hospital in the US by US News and World Reports; it was scored at 100% . All the other hospitals fell by the wayside in comparison.
          God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

Working...
          X