Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose Nut

Hi everyone
    Has anyone had a problem with the nut that keeps comming loose at the back of the milwaukee brace neck ring.
    When it comes loose the neck ring makes a clicking noise every time I try to move my head.
    I got a right telling off from Mum because she thoght I was loosening it. Dad tightened it as hard as he could and it lasted about 2 hours before it came loose again.
    As anyone any suggestions to solve this problem.
    WANE

Hmmm, Wane, mine usually stays quite snug. I dont know what else to say, let your ortho know whats going on he/she mightbe able to fix that.

HAVE A GREAT EVENING

Traumascoli
    Kevin
    AIS and Traumatic Scoliosis
    Degrees always differ (LOL)
    THIS FORUM ROCKS!!!!!

Comment

Hi Wane, I can remember how annoying this can be. Try rubbing a wax crayon or candle onto the thread of the screw.

Comment

Hi Wane, have one of your folks take you to a hardware store, or to the UK's equivalent to our Home Depot and ask for either a lock washer (be sure to get the right size), or something called "loctite". The "loctite" is a liquid in a small tube or vial that you put a couple drops onto the threads of the bolt and then put the nut back on and tighten. Be sure that you get the removable, or blue, loctite. DO NOT use the permanent, or red loctite or the next time any adjustments need to be made, they'll have to cut the bolt off with a saw. If you get the lock washer, the bolt needs to be long enough to accomodate the washer and still go all the way through the nut.

Comment

Loose Nut

Thanks everyone for info to stop this nut comming loose will tell my dad. At the momement dad has used that plastic electric tape and taped around the nut and neck ring this has worked so far. We will get the brace man to look at it next assessment.
          WANE

Comment

Working...
          X