Sleeping in a boston brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeping in a boston brace

I just got my boston brace about 2 weeks ago and i only have to wear it at night. I have a REALLY hard time sleeping in it. I've tried almost every sleeping position but it still feels like the brace is crushing my ribs. I can't even take a deep breathe! I really need some advice!

hey i went through the same thing that you did. what i did was i loosened it a little and then i found a really comphy body pillow and i slept on that until i got ready for my bed it took a while but now i'm use to it. i got my brace the begining of summer so im just learning al the trick and i can help you out

~scoliosisat12 it'll get better and if you have a IM IM me any time at jrodslilsis
    Jodi Lynn
    Milwaukee Brace from age 11-13
    Surgery June 30th (age 14)
    Now 16 and as happy as ever
    *Brace Yourself*

Comment

Sleeping in a boston brace

Thanks for the tip, i'll try it with a body pillow, but for some reason after I've worn the brace for about an hour, my back starts to really hurt. Does this happen to anybody else? I've heard people say that stretching before you put it on helps. Does anybody know any stretches that I can do?

Comment

don't worry sometimes my back does that too. all i do is i take the brace off and try to crack my back or twist back and forth and that normally works so hope this works! sleeping im the brace for my first time was hard and now i can't sleep without it! so don't worry you'll get use to it!
        ~ scoliosisat12
        Jodi Lynn
        Milwaukee Brace from age 11-13
        Surgery June 30th (age 14)
        Now 16 and as happy as ever
        *Brace Yourself*

Comment

Originally posted by scoliosisat12
          don't worry sometimes my back does that too. all i do is i take the brace off and try to crack my back or twist back and forth and that normally works so hope this works! sleeping im the brace for my first time was hard and now i can't sleep without it! so don't worry you'll get use to it!
          ~ scoliosisat12
          You can decrease a lot of your disconfort if you streach from a door frame bar above your head level. Bring deep slow breaths to your concaves areas (3 )

Comment

Working...
          X