No announcement yet.

Hi New here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi my name is joanne and i have so many questions about my upcoming surgery un jan. 2005. this time they will put me in halo traction and i would really like to talk to someone who has had this done. do you know of anyone?

Comment

Hi Joanne...

Your surgeon should be able to put you in touch with one of their prior patients who had halo traction.

If you can't find anyone else, I know of a severely physically disabled person whom I believe was in halo traction after her surgery. I can put you in touch. Email me privately at lindaracine @ earthlink.net (don't inclulde the spaces).

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

hi

Hi linda
        thanks for the reply!! it would sure be nice to talk to someone or even see a video of the surgery. i was about to watch quite a feww surgerys before my first surgery. i am the kind of person how needs to see what they are doing to me. haha

what did you have done to you?

joanne

Comment

Hi Joanne...

I had anterior and posterior fusion from T4-L3.

--Linda
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi everyone, Long time no post. Sorry bout that. Things are just getting worse and worse around here though.
            I have in my hand right now another denial letter from SSI, but this time I am determined to fight them tooth & nail! I mean come on, what should I do? Crawl under a rock somewhere and die? Sometimes I wonder if they think we are all just making this all up.

I finally got my file from the hospital though, wow that took forever, like 2 years. They didnt want to give it to me. I sent them like $15.00 and still no file, but I received that a few days ago.

Oh, and the Stryker bed, oh yes, what memories. I cant totaly relate to not bathing for 6 months too LOL I mean did we stink or what.

When I opened the link and saw the picture my heart just sank... Thats how scared I am !

Comment

Working...
            X