Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you consider scoliosis to be..

life threatning?

because i was looking up stuff about the 'Make A Wish' foundation and i would really like happiness to shine through my life and for my wish to come true.

do you think that if i applied, i would make it?
    i have scoliosis. third boston brace. (:

I am a volunteer for the Make A Wish Foundation. Their mission is "to grant heartfelt wishes to children between 3-18 years old who have potentially life-threatening conditions". Scoliosis itself is not a potentially life-threatening condition. Especially these days with medical technology as advanced as it is. If you have another medical condition that is potentially life-threatening, you *may* qualify for a wish.
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

i dont think its life threatning becuase there IS something you can do about it.. some problems that people have is not that they have something to do about it.. we have a choice of getting surgery.. which we hope not to be some problems like cancer dont have some other choise like surgery. but i think at it as if just i have a back problem that will go away soon if i do the things that my doctor asks me to do.. i dont like doing therapy everyday for a half an hour but last time i went to my doctor in barcelona, without telling him i do therapy everyday he told me good job on the excercises and thats y i continue doing it everyday cuz i know i will see good results !! HOPEFULLY !!
      My name is Rotem
      I am 13 and in 7th grade
      Started with 2 curves:
      34º Therotical
      50º Lumber
      I currently wear a Cheneau Brace
      Got my 1st on Nov. '06
      Got my 2nd on Nov. '07
      Just got my 3rd one today (May7 '08)
      and im still trying to get used to it
      Hoping I won't need surgery
      I live in South Florida
      3rd check on November 17,2007,
      Got an X-ray done Feb. 5th, with EXCELLENT news!
      30º Theoratical
      37º Lumber
      4th check on May 7, 2008

Comment

Working...
      X