Surgery Tomorrow (June 4th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More messages from Jill's mom:

Jack is there tonight and I came home for the first time. First time outside since Friday - gosh summer is here. Jill did NOT want me to leave, but Jack (her Dad) is there and he is very attentive. Although he is NOT her mOM. (that makes me feel good, but I feel like I am deserting her) SHe had a great hour or so after she slept, after her physical therapy bout...then as the day progressed she started looking pale again and asked for wet rags on her forehead (a sure sign that she feels nauseaous) but so far no throw ups but I can tell she is worried....we had a whole day with no roommate and it was awesome, Jack even got to sleep on the other side in the bed chair so we were both there. Last night it was just me and (the roommates huge, noisy entourage) and we had a great nurse Abby who she has again tonight. The floor is nice, everyone is so caring...I just wish Jill would round the bend for good and not have anymore bad hours. I know tomorrow is going to be rough. Thank you SO MUCH for your information and help through all of this and for posting to Jill's thread! She will be so excited to read it when she gets home. Thank you thank you! You have been so helpfuol.

Starting on tylenol with codein soon.Did u feel naseous on it?Walked 2
    door had 2 sit down really pale and shaky.When better?
    Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
    L2 to T4
    Braced for 4 years
    Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

Great news:

I just got a message from Jill's mom saying that Jill is returning home today! Congratulations Jill!
      Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
      L2 to T4
      Braced for 4 years
      Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

Congratulations Jill and family. I hope your recovery goes well. Everyday will get better and better now. Keep us posted on how you are.
        Cheryl and Amber.

Comment

Wednesday!

Wednesday! Today we came home from the hospital with Jill! It was a long day as we were supposed to have an xray and be on our way by noon, but we didn't get xrayed until around 4:30 so we finally arrived home around 6:00pm. She was doing so well the physical therapist said she had met all their criteria for going home and when the doctors visited this morning they said she could go home today! She is now in bed sleeping soundly and I think she will be so happy to be home tomorrow when she wakes up and realizes the hospital stay is really behind her. She still tires easily, but she is so strong that she makes big strides everyday. It was so fun today to make her first Post-Op appointment and to have all the Pre-Op stuff in the past. Thank you again to all of you that have cared and supported us from the beginning. Without all of you it would have been a much more difficult road to travel. Having been through it, I can honestly say it was much easier than I ever would have expected. But we will have to wait for Jill's reply to see what she really thought. She was pretty quiet in the hopital so it's hard for me to say what she felt. I only can tell you that with our great staff of doctors and nurses at Children's Memorial, it all went so perfectly. Plus the epidural worked really well and helped her right off the bat. She never had any side effects from any drug or iv medicine. Her pain was always managed and I'm guessing one of the worst things she might say is how slowly the time passed and how boring it was being in the hospital. I still think we got off easy with only 5 nights! She was a superstar, and the whole floor of medical personnel agreed!
          Jill's Mom - Surgery, Children's Memorial Hospital - June 4th, 2004

Comment

Congratulations on being home! It sounds like Jill is doing great. I'm so glad for you. And, if the biggest complaint she has about being in the hospital is that it was boring, they must have done a great job. Keep up the good work! May she continue to have a smooth and speedy recovery. Take it one day at a time and don't overdo. My best!
            Carmell
            mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

hi everyone!!!

Hi everyone!!! This is actually me typing and everything ! As you all know I got home on Wednesday sometime around 6pm. Today is Saturday and I am feeling a lot better. My mom is slowly getting be off of my pain killers. Lots of flowers and cards!!! The hospital seemed to go by really slowly and the first night seemed like eternity, I kept asking my parents "is is saturday yet, is it saturday yet.....". I am sleeping on the first floor of my house with my mom in the king bed and my dad took my room upstairs. Today I went for a walk to my neighbor's/end of the block, then around and through the back of my house. My friend is coming over to visit in a minute so I have to go. Oh yeah, I grew about and 1 1/2 inches or so . Now I am 5' 7"+. Talk to everyone soon!!! Thanks for helping me get through everything!!!
              ~Jill
              Surgery: June 4th, 2004
              Main curve: 44 degrees
              Location of Curve: Upper Right Part of Back
              Surgery Type: Posterior
              T4-T12

Comment

Jill,
                so glad ur doing better!!

Comment

wow! You are so tall now! That is very good news, indeed!

Comment

Good job walking Jill! Keep up the good work!
                    Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
                    L2 to T4
                    Braced for 4 years
                    Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

Well done for getting through it and i hope you arent a ghost any more

love Boo
                      40-50 upper curve

20-30 lower curve

surgery August 10!

Comment

Well done for getting through it and i hope you arent a ghost any more

love Boo
                        40-50 upper curve

20-30 lower curve

surgery August 10!

Comment

walked to the end of my street, turned to the next, walked to a caldisack, walked back home, up the stairs, down the stairs, to my back yard, then to the couch.....what a work out . getting better day by day!!!
                          ~Jill
                          T4-T12

Comment

well done did u get worn out?
                            40-50 upper curve

20-30 lower curve

surgery August 10!

Comment

Today the neighbourhood tomorrow the world. Congratulations!
                              Cheryl.

Comment

Thanks !
                                I didn't get worn out at all !!! I am also able to sit down and get up on my own more, too. talk to you later (probably a longer walk today )
                                ~Jill
                                T4-T12

Comment

Working...
                                X