Milwaukee Brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way To Go =)

Wane, way to go, I am glad it all went well. =) Have a good evening.
    Kevin
    AIS and Traumatic Scoliosis
    Degrees always differ (LOL)
    THIS FORUM ROCKS!!!!!

Comment

Brace

Wane, I really understand you, belive me. The thing is that I should have worn my MB a bit more, but I couldnīt so I had a strong curve and finally had my surgery. My sister used the MB a lot and she is much better than me. So use it, though you really hate it!!! It worth it. Bye

Comment

Hey Wane, it's great to hear the news! Keep up the good work! One element that people forget to mention to all of this is that even if you do need surgery, wearing the brace will slow or stop the progression of the curve until either you have stopped growing, or are a candidate for surgery. The important thing here is that in general, the more severe the curves, the less correction can be acheived if surgery is needed. Toni-bunny is lucky that her parents were so firm about her wearing the braces. Had they not, there's a real good possibility that she would now have a severe and permanent disability. This can involve respiratory and heart problems and possible paralysis. If you are given any exercises to do while out of the brace, DO THEM, and work hard at it. This will keep the trunk muscles strong, and increase flexibility. This will benefit both the efforts of the efforts of the brace, and may have a significant positive affect on the amount of surgical correction that can be had. Hang tough. Although it may never become "comfortable" you will get used to life in the brace, and as you do, you will figure out what you need to do to make things like sleeping easier. Just give it time. Rock on kiddo.

Comment

Working...
        X