problems after 2nd surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems after 2nd surgery

i was wondering if anyone had any problems after rods were taken out before the spine was fused. i had my 1st surgery jan 4th 2007 and i had problems with the hardware. i had my 2nd surgery march 13th 2007. my doctor had fixed the problem by refastening the screws to the rod and by making the rods shorter. i am still having alot of pain in my upper back so i went to get a second opinion and was told that my spine was not fully fused and because of the fact that i have a kyphosis curve that can get worse because i have nothing supporting my upper back i am going to need more extensive surgery. i am very upset to think i will need more surgery makes me want to cry. if anyone has any thoughts as to what to do i would really appreciate it.

I'm sorry about your news. I too have had problems galore lately after a second surgery. I have a question for you though: I am trying to get a second opinion and everywhere I have called say that they will not see me until one year after this last surgery. Did you encounter that? Thanks, Krysi

Comment

no i had no problem getting a second opinion. it seems kind of strange that you would have to wait a year after your surgery to get one. i'm even considering getting a third opinion. although it will not be covered by insurance. what kind of problems are you having? if your in pain i would not wait to get a 2nd opinion. is it the insurance that is giving you a hard time or the doctor?

Comment

I had hardware taken out before I was fused and it caused me a broken back and a hump that was un real. 15 1/2 hours of surgery and total fusion fixed the problem. Now I have a problem of broken rods in my lower back. I go back in for a 4th time now to have them cut out and new ones put in. All this would have been fine if I had not had the rods removed before the spine had fused. This is a picture of what will be repaired Monday. By the way the rod that you see sticking out has gone threw my skin just at my waist line. I guess I don't need to tell you about that pain.
        http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...Cimg0148-1.jpg
        March 23, 2006 Anterior/posterior Ileum-T2
        15 1/2 Hours
        Dr. Tom Lowe R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
        X