Is this pain normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christine,
    What a great video! It is amazing what this surgery can do! My 15 year old daughter just had her 6 week check up today. She was fused from the T-3 to the L-4 and came through it miraculously! She has tons of other medical issues which we still deal with but at least her back is straight! I wish I had seen the video before Skylar's surgery but I'm sure it will help other parents deal with this tough decision. The nurse told us today that everyone is so scared to have the surgery but afterwards they are so glad they had it!

Anyways, thanks for sharing your son's video.

Melanie
    Skylar's mom

Comment

Thank you all

Thank you all for your kind words of support regarding the video I made. Knowing that it will help some parents and kids makes me feel really good inside. Today, I'm really worried though. Daniel and I have both been worried about this lump at the bottom of his fusion, and today I took another photo and it looks like it has gotten worse. I don't know if we are both imagining this or not, but we are both very worried. I'm going to start a new thread and include a link to the photo I took today. His post-op appointment is in two days.
      Chris:
      Mom to Jessica (21), Andrea(19), and Daniel (16).
      Daniel had surgery 7/2/07 from T3-L1 to correct three curves, the worst of which was 57 degrees.

Comment

aww that bad to hear. I ve had the surgery and you do go though aloottt of pain. But its normal, so dont be afraid. One paint relif that really helped my was tramadole (sorry not sure how its spelt). But i no its strong and has morphine in it. You should speak to the doctors if you dont think the pain relif is enough. Pain should be able to be controled. Its better to not be in pain as it speeds up the healing prosess im told. Hope it gets better xx
        XxX..SaRaH..XxX

Comment

Working...
        X