No announcement yet.

Wilmington jacket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately I don't think it's just DuPont...I think it's very unusual to find a doctor (any specialty) that is responsive and sensitive to the whole person, not just the specific condition/disease/problem. When you do find that doctor who excels in his/her area as well as with the human side of the patient keep 'em! Until then, at least we have places like this forum!

Comment

i have the wilmington brace and it hits from half way down my but to under my arms

it has holes and stuff through it too...i hate it

my doctor is in philly [st. christophers childrens hospital] [dr.pizzi] [lanconal]

Comment

Originally posted by Attie
        Unfortunately I don't think it's just DuPont...I think it's very unusual to find a doctor (any specialty) that is responsive and sensitive to the whole person, not just the specific condition/disease/problem. When you do find that doctor who excels in his/her area as well as with the human side of the patient keep 'em! Until then, at least we have places like this forum!
        And they're just not the ortho doctors too, these are also nurses and the guys in the castroom (forgive me, but I feel very chatty tonight).

For example (with the nurses), I had some pretty nice nurses when I had my surgery in 1990. I got to eat like two days after surgery (sip soup one day). I got to sit in a wheel chair two days after (sit up in bed; using the power bed thingy, one day). I got my IV taken out three days after (night before casted).
        But when I had my surgery in 1998, they didn't really seem to help much (like they're bunch of rookies). It was four days (after I got my cast on) when I got to even have a lick of food. Also that's when the IV came out (AFTER I WAS CASTED). And I couldn't even sit up in bed until I got casted. AND MOST OF ALL I HAD A MOTHER F*CKING CATHETER IN ME until I got I went to get casted.

But then again, I needed to do exercises in 1990 while I didn't in 1998. Plus 2/4 casts in 1990 had shoulder pads, while 0/4 casts had them in 1998-1999. Although I needed to have my cast cleaned 3-4 times in 1998-1999, while it was only 2 in 1990 (I guess because I was older and had more sweat glands or whatever).

For example (with castroom), when I had my braces/casts made there were different casters (since I went there from 1988-1990). Mainly there was always this one same guy (except for December 1998). But in 1988 & 1989 there was this guy with glasses. In 1990-1995, then again 1999 there was this older guy. While in 1996 and 1998 there was this one big guy.

All of them seemed good (like they had highs/lows).
        For instance, the one guy with glasses seemed to use a lower water temperature when they casted me for my brace (and it's known that the lower water temperature you use for plaster the not so hotter it'll get, but yet take longer to set).
        The main guy was good friendly (I guess since I had him the most), but he also seemed kinda mischiefness.
        The older guy was good/friendly (I probably liked him the most, don't tell that to the main guy though).
        The big guy seemed good + chatty, but (again don't tell him) I think I liked him the least.
        The only other guy I had was when they casted me in December 1998, and I think he did a good job on my cast (actually the big guy was the other caster, so I guess I should give him credit too).

Plus there were different people that trimmed my casts too.
        In 1990, they actually were the same. And they were good.
        In 1998-1999, they actually were different each time. I didn't like them as much though, because they seemed to be more rush-rush.

Comment

Maybe they didnt let you eat for four days in '98 because your GI system didn't start working again till then. Eating while you have surgery related ileus will probably cause lots of pain. ..and that's prob why you had your IV in for so long.. to supplement nutrients you weren't getting through food.

...and if they didn't let you move till you got casted... you'd have to use the bedpan if they removed your catheter. The only time I got asked if I wanted to use a bedpan (not scoliosis surgery related)... I waited until they let me move on my own to use the bathroom. that wasn't fun considering they were pumping fluids into me through my IV.
          30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
          2005 - T50, L31
          bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
          2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
          Post - op curve ~35

Comment

Re: What's the use?

What's the use?

I scream, I ration, I communicate like-adults, I curse, I threaten, I try to walk away, but nothing ever works.

Comment

Working...
            X