x-rays of before and after surgeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, backtalk!

those pics and xrays are amazing !!! how's your recovery been? what an amazing correction you have! thanks for posting them again...Lisa
    Lisa age 47
    T curve 69 degrees
    L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
    fused to from T-3 to sacrum
    anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
    pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cakedec
      You look very much improved. It's almost a year and half now. How do you feel?

Deb
      surgery 7/24/06
      T5-L5
      for s curve T72, L77
      It has been great. To be able to once again feel good about how I look as well as feel. Although my world crashed a few weeks ago. I started haveing low back pain so bad I couldn't walk. Then I started bending at the waste and could not stand straight without causing pain like I have never felt. Ok, off to the doctor for an x-ray. I have rods broken in 3 places and a broken cross brace. The rod that is broken on the left side moves around alot and now is or has just about broken threw the skin. I have never ever had pain like this. I am on some heavy pain meds but all that seems to do is drug me up to where I just don't care if it hurts, but the pain is still there. The kicker is I can't get in to have it replaced untill the 30th of this month. That is a long time to try and endure this oweeee. Here is a picture of what has broken. I didn't mean to hijack this post so I will stop. I will keep you up to date later in a new thread.
      http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2.../tn_broken.jpg
      March 23, 2006 Anterior/posterior Ileum-T2
      15 1/2 Hours
      Dr. Tom Lowe R.I.P.

Comment

Backtalk-

how on earth did those rods break? I would think that would constitute emergency surgery to minimize the tissue damage- i sure hate to see you having so much trouble ! Lisa
        Lisa age 47
        T curve 69 degrees
        L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
        fused to from T-3 to sacrum
        anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
        pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Heart

Theresa.

Your heart can be seen in this image: x-ray 2 May 2007.jpg
          Its the triangle shape that is covering your left lung. Its actually the right side of the image as if you are looking at someone else from the front.

I'll have to get a my old x-rays scanned and post them. I am pretty straight. Because I don't have any records of my back before surgery, I don't know what my lumbar curve should be. And because my fusion only goes to L3, I have somewhat of a lumber curve below it.

I have a photo of myself leaning over to kiss my niece, my back looks like a table.

p

Comment

Hi P,

I see it now!!! In the first x-ray it's on the left hand side right? I must have scanned that last x-ray in backwards because what is left of my curves are going the wrong way in that picture.

Thanks!!!
            Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
            Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
            Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
            Fused T2 to sacrum
            June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
            MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Working...
            X