Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x-rays of before and after surgeries

These are my before and after x-rays.

The first one is before any surgeries March 2004 Thorasic curve 79 Lumbar curve 44

The second one is after the first revision surgery

The last one is after the second revision surgery done on May 21, 2007. It also shows the Galveston Instrumentation to the pelvis.
    Last edited by Theresa; 07-02-2007, 05:59 PM.
    Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
    Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
    Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
    Fused T2 to sacrum
    June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
    MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

wow

how r u doing now,you been thru a lot hope all is well now take care

Comment

my gosh !!

quite impressive !! you got a lot of correction since the beginning. what is galveston instrumentation?

keep up the good recovery! Lisa
      Lisa age 47
      T curve 69 degrees
      L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
      fused to from T-3 to sacrum
      anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
      pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Curve 52 and Lisa,

I'm doing pretty good now! Today I am 6 weeks post op! I still have pain ecspecially when sitting. It's slowly getting better bit by bit.

Lisa,

Galvestion Instrumentation . When you look at my x-rays the two screws or bolts down into the pelvis is the instrumentation.
        Theresa

Fused T2 to sacrum
        MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

You have been through a lot. I am glad to hear you are doing well.
          God bless you.

Sue

Comment

So Similiar

Hi Theresa,

I am very much like you, fused from T1-Sacrum. My x-rays even look like yours. Who did your surgery? Did we talk?

I am a year out from my LAST surgery, and I mean last surgery. Finally starting to get over it. I have been back to work full time since November, albeit I work from home.

Glad to hear you are doing so well so soon. Whatever your doing - keep doing it.
            Christy
            Plano, TX
            Surgical dates
            3/25/02 - fused T1-L3, T - 88 degrees
            L - 74 degrees
            7/8/04 - repaired 6 areas of non-union & fused L3-L4
            12/15/05 - fused L4-L5, L5-S1
            2/27/06 - corrected hardware failure
            3/5/06 - corrected hardware issue
            6/16/06 - replaced broken screw in pelvis
            3/9/07 - rear ended auto collision
            2/12/09 - totaled car - someone pulled out in front of me - Yikes!
            3/30/09 - Revision surgery, removed & replaced t12through S1

Comment

What great correction and what impressed me most was that your surgeon maintained your natural lordosis in your lower back.

I had my initial correction in 1973 w/ Harrington rods and had a great outcome, but had 2 more rods placed in my lumbar region in 1997, which produced severe flat-back syndrome. I'm an ICU RN and still work, but I'll tell you, I hurt and really bend forward at the end of my 12 hr. shifts.

Anybody out there have osteotomies done to correct flat-back, and how was the outcome? Would you do it over? How long were you off work after surgery?

Thanks, and good luck to all.

Janet_Bellware

Comment

Hi Janet,

Here is another forum that is about Flatback. Pretty much everybody there has had some kind of surgery to fix their Flatback. Alot of them have flatback due to the Harrington Rods. Then there is me and a few others that have flatback due to balance issues or hip flexion contractures. You will find many pictures in the photo section, and discussions on different doctors.
                Theresa

Fused T2 to sacrum

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

WOW! Theresa, did you get screwed!

Comment

Chris - HaHaHa!

Maybe Berta can relate to this one: First getting screwed, then getting laid soon after.
                    As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

Comment

Uh Oh!!! The comedians are coming out!!!!!
                      Theresa

Fused T2 to sacrum

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

X-ray

So I shouldn't comment on your beautiful heart in the front view xray?

My back is Sooooooo flat compared to yours. My fusion is a little shorter--the next surgery will take it to S1.

p

Comment

Hi P,

Can you really see the heart or are you just playing around? If you can see it, where is it?

Hopefully when you have your next surgery your back won't be so flat. This is why I think it is so important to see a doctor in person when you are considering doing a revision. Some folks just send in their x-rays for an evaluation. According to my doctors, when you just look at my x-rays quickly you don't see flatback because I did have a curve there. But when they looked at me in person, then looked at the x-rays harder and measured the C7 to the sacrum I was definetly forward quite a bit. One thing I remember reading from Dr. LaGrone somewhere on the internet that you also have to take into consideration the amount of lordosis curve someone has before the surgeries. If someone naturally has a larger than normal lordosis curve you need to try to keep it at what it was.
                          Theresa

Fused T2 to sacrum

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

I think I have shared this before, but I have some what of a before and after shot.
                            http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/jlazyh/tn_BA.jpg
                            March 23, 2006 Anterior/posterior Ileum-T2
                            15 1/2 Hours
                            Dr. Tom Lowe R.I.P.

Comment

Backtalk,

You look very much improved. It's almost a year and half now. How do you feel?

Deb
                              surgery 7/24/06
                              T5-L5
                              for s curve T72, L77

Comment

Working...
                              X