Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer chairs

Hi,

I've been lurking on the forum and reading the posts for several months. I have not yet posted my history, which I will do in a separate thread.

Right now my back, neck and shoulders are getting much worse from long hours sitting at my computer. The chair I am using does not even have a back that locks, and I am forced to either lean forward while I type or lean back. What this means is, when I type my back is not getting any support. Does anyone know of a specific chair (brand names would really help me) that is good for scoliosis and provides solid sturdy back support? I like a chair that has a straight back that has the option to lock. I've been looking at the Kneel Sit chair which is made in Australia, and it looks pretty good, but there are no arms to the chair. I think the link is www.kneelsit.com. I've also looked at the Soma chair, which I think I read about in another thread.

I have gone to stores and tried a number of different "ergonomic" chairs, including the Aeron by Herman Miller, and the Freedom chair, but I always find they are too hard or provide too much pressure in the lumbar area. I have primarily a thoracic curve and I need upper back support when I sit. I hoping to find something with good cushioning and good support, and that seems difficult to do.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Best regards,

Bonnie

Try strapping a regular belt around the mid-thoracic region of your torso. That worked hold my posture up and prevent me from slumping, and believe or not, have reduced my back pain and stiffness by a lot. What the belt does is help your muscles support that twisted spine and in turn takes a great amount of stress off the muscles. I also do weightlifting at the gym with this belt on.

I couldn't get an ergonomic chair into my office at work, so that's why i tried this method instead, if you're wondering why.

Comment

Working...
    X