Dr. Anthony Moreno in Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Anthony Moreno in Florida

Does anyone have any information or experiences to share about Dr. Anthony Moreno in the Tampa, Florida area?
    Last edited by snowflake; 06-29-2007, 04:56 AM.

Hi!
    He did mine in February 06, T-3 thu S-1.
    He is an amazing surgeon, great bedside manner.
    His staff is awesome too.
    His new office is in Safety Harbor though. He is no longer at FSI in Tampa.
    36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
    Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
    Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
    Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
    Curve post op = 20 degrees
    No pain anymore!!
    Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Hi Katblack:

Thanks for the reply. I'd love to hear more about your experience with the surgery - especially what your recovery has been like. I had a nightmarish recovery from my original surgery back in 1972, including being laid up in a body cast for 9 months. I understand they don't do that anymore.

I did find Dr. Moreno's Safety Harbor address. He also has an office in Tampa, just about 15 miles from my house. How lucky for me - especially if he's a really great scoliosis doc.

Hope you are doing well,

~snowflake

Comment

Hi again, I'm a year and a half out now, doing good, still some pain here and there. But due to how bad off I was, the pain is permanent, but I can totally deal with that.

This is what I wrote on my 1 year post opp date.
        The comments for this post are turned off, but it's what I went through.
        Moreno and staff are amazing, you'll be in awesome hands.

http://www.mysinglemomlife.com/blog/..._is_my_one.php
        Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
        No pain anymore!!
        Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Thanks for sharing that with me, Kat. I guess you had a single curve. Was it lateral or front-to-back?

Comment

I had two curves, basically a giant 'S', combined curve of 75 degrees down to 20.
            I had anterior/posterior, so front to back. I also had a multitude of nerve problems, stenosis, arthritis, and a bunch of other stuff.
            The pain I am still in is mostly due to the stenosis and arthritis, not the surgery. He did an awesome job correcting my curves.
            I am so straight today, no one would ever even know I was crooked before unless I tell them.

The first part of my blog entry, about Trudy, do not confuse that with Doc Moreno. He did NOT do her surgery, I don't know who did, but her anesthesiologist screwed up and pumped blood into her lungs.
            It was a shock to all of us who had been reading her posts here, who had gone through basically the same surgery. I heard the news about her just 2 days before I wrote about my 1 year post op.
            It was just hitting me really hard the day I wrote it.
            No pain anymore!!
            Google is your friend

Comment

Hi again...You must have been taller after the surgery. I "grew" almost two inches because of my fusion - all of it in the torso, of course. I still remember how delighted I was when my body cast came off and I looked so much slimmer because my torso was lengthened. Now I've lost most of that gain and am back to 5'-4.5" Maybe the doc can explain why. Better yet, maybe he can give it back to me

What happened to that poor girl Trudy is so awful! I'm so sorry to hear about such a senseless tragedy.

Thanks again for sharing,

~snowflake *

Comment

Yes I gained height, 3 inches in fact. I was 5'5, now 5'8.
                I have 6 new man made plastic discs in the lumbar region, so those helped with height.
                My real ones were as flat as paper.

He'll be able to answer your questions, just write them all down so you don't forget.
                No pain anymore!!
                Google is your friend

Comment

[QUOTE=katblack]Yes I gained height, 3 inches in fact. I was 5'5, now 5'8.
                  I have 6 new man made plastic discs in the lumbar region, so those helped with height.

Wow, 3 inches?! That must have been some curve! I've heard of plastic discs (same as teflon discs, I guess?) but never talked to anyone who had them. I guess you'll never have to worry about herniating them.

I'm out the door now. Thanks again for all your help. TTYL.

~snowflake *

Comment

Working...
                  X