Dr. LaGrone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. LaGrone

Has anyone else that has had revision done by Dr. LaGrone had the same experinece in BSA as Theresa? I was under the impression that the ortho ward nurses and care givers were experienced scoli and revision surgeries.
    Thanks. Ann

Ann,

That's what we thought too. My daughter and husband said one of the nurses in CCU said "We don't get many spine patients in here". They were speechless when they heard that.
    Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
    Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
    Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
    Fused T2 to sacrum
    June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
    MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Ann,

Talking again to my husband last night about the surgery......it sounds like I was in a CCU for chest surgeries. Maybe I was there instead of the ortho due to the pulmonary problems I was having. Apparently I had a lot of fluid in and around my lungs as well as my whole body.
      Theresa

Fused T2 to sacrum
      MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

revision

Thanks Theresa. I am having revision surgery on July 30. I wish it was tomorrow! Ann

Comment

Ann,

I am soooo glad that I went to Dr. LaGrone!!!!!!! I cannot believe how straight I am!!!!! I talked with Kelly today and he said he was really surprised to hear that I had left Amarillo last Monday. I told him, all I wanted at the time was to be home in my own bed. He said he could understand that. He also said as long as I am following the 5 rules (a BLT with a side of 2 pickles, something the Rehab folks told me), no bending, no lifting, no twisting, no pushing and no pulling, there was not a thing of overdoing with being up. My 9 hour surgery was only 2 weeks ago yesterday. Yesterday we went to IHOP for breakfast, then went by work to see everyone and show off, then went to WalMart. Came home and laid down for a little bit. You do have to remember that I did not have an anterior incision this time, only posterior. That anterior incision is a big difference with how much you are able to move around after surgery. Good Luck in your surgery and outcome. Any questions feel free to ask.
          Theresa

Fused T2 to sacrum

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Working...
          X