Theresa's Surgery Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theresa's Surgery Update

Hi all. This is Theresa's daughter, Jennifer. Her surgery went well. She had quite a bit of blood loss, but is doing great now. Yesterday was her first day of walking around and she is doing wonderfully. She is also standing up very straight. This morning her doctor said she should be moving to Rehab tomorrow and should be able to head back home sometime between Monday and Wednesday of next week. I will let her know of all of your well wishes.

Jennifer
    Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
    Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
    Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
    Fused T2 to sacrum
    June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
    MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Great news

I am happy to hear that Theresa's surgery went well. Give her my regards.

Littlemiss

Comment

spine rotation

Hi Theresa, I hope your feeling better. I wanted to ask you about spine rotation. You are the first person I have seen to ever mention it. My daughthers doctor calls it trunk rotation.He didnt really explain. Her 1st surgery was in 2000 and a revision in 2004. Since then the spine rotation looks much worse and I fear she is heading for a 3rd surgery. Can they fix spine rotation or stop it from getting worse. Any info you have would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Yes, they can fix spine rotation when they do the surgery. I'm not sure but I believe most of the times it is done with osteotomies or thoraplasty. During my first surgery they were able to correct some of the rotation without doing an osteotomy. I believe alot of people have the rotation, that is usually why your ribs are prominent on one side or the other. For me, they were very prominent on the left side in the front and the back side on the right. This is what we refer to as the "hump".
        Last edited by Theresa; 06-04-2007, 03:00 PM.
        Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
        Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
        Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
        Fused T2 to sacrum
        June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
        MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Working...
        X