She's baaaacckkkkkk ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's baaaacckkkkkk ....

This will be short since I'm still a little loopy but everything went well with the surgery to the sacrum and I came home on Thursday. I was on Valium (muscle relaxant) and Talwin (for pain and no side effects yet) and after a couple of days of not being able to keep my eyes open and offering some hilarious malapropisms - I told my niece to get groceries at "Froger's" and to heat up my dinner in the "microphone" - the doc decided to take me off the Valium. Much better now.

I'm not in a lot of pain, on oxygen because my levels were low, in a brace, and thinking that I lucked into two doctors who must be able to walk on water. My surgeon is wonderful - he and his PA saw me EVERY day, and the shock of my life, my new primary care physician came to see me EVERY day. In the past I was relegated to residents after the surgery and I NEVER had a PCP come to see me in the hospital. Has this been anyone else's experience or was I just unlucky before?

Anyway, I'll write more when I have my wits about me and can either sit longer or bring my computer to the bed.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Trulyaries
    FeliciaFeliciaFelicia
    10/24/00 posterior fusion T4-L4 at age 57
    8/5/05 posterior surgery for spinal stenosis at L4-L5; laminectomy and fusion
    5/14/07 posterior revision with fusion to sacrum
    2/11/08 anterior discectomy L5-S1, and reinforcement of fusion with plate attached to L5-S1
    3/9/2011 and 3/11/2011 revision surgery with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis - complete revision and fusion with instrumentation from T1 to sacrum, one lumbar osteotomy.

"heat up my dinner in the "microphone" -- I love it !!!

Congrats on a successful surgery and having wonderful docs as well.

Janet
    As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

Comment

Trulyaries,

I am so happy that you are home and well. Our surgeon is amazing isn't he. Let me know when you are feeling better... I would love to exchange stories on just how wonderful he and his PA are!
      She actually came to my house twice! I thought house calls were a thing of the past...
      So glad you are well!

Comment

Revision surgery

Trulyairies, it is so grat to hear that you are doing so well after revision. I am 60 and headed in that direction. Who is your doctor? Thankis. Ann B.

Comment

My surgeon is Dr. Herbert Roth Jr. in Troy, MI. As you can tell from my previous posts, I highly recommend him. Where are you located?
          FeliciaFeliciaFelicia
          10/24/00 posterior fusion T4-L4 at age 57
          8/5/05 posterior surgery for spinal stenosis at L4-L5; laminectomy and fusion
          5/14/07 posterior revision with fusion to sacrum
          2/11/08 anterior discectomy L5-S1, and reinforcement of fusion with plate attached to L5-S1
          3/9/2011 and 3/11/2011 revision surgery with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis - complete revision and fusion with instrumentation from T1 to sacrum, one lumbar osteotomy.

Comment

Working...
          X